Jul 10, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
As a result, the Boston ace has been medically cleared to participate in Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
Beckett has registered a dominant 2.27 ERA and 0.95 WHIP through 17 starts this season, tallying 94 strikeouts over 111 innings in a remarkable first half. He finished with a 5.78 ERA in 21 total starts last year, but is bouncing back in a big way. American League skipper Ron Washington will likely ask him to go two frames in the Midsummer Classic.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)