Jul 10, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
As a result, the Boston ace has been medically cleared to participate in Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
Beckett has registered a dominant 2.27 ERA and 0.95 WHIP through 17 starts this season, tallying 94 strikeouts over 111 innings in a remarkable first half. He finished with a 5.78 ERA in 21 total starts last year, but is bouncing back in a big way. American League skipper Ron Washington will likely ask him to go two frames in the Midsummer Classic.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17