Jul 10, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
As a result, the Boston ace has been medically cleared to participate in Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
Beckett has registered a dominant 2.27 ERA and 0.95 WHIP through 17 starts this season, tallying 94 strikeouts over 111 innings in a remarkable first half. He finished with a 5.78 ERA in 21 total starts last year, but is bouncing back in a big way. American League skipper Ron Washington will likely ask him to go two frames in the Midsummer Classic.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)