Jul 10, 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
According to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Hank Schulman, Miguel Montero has been added to the NL All-Star roster in place of Placido Polanco. This after Pablo Sandoval was given the spot of Jose Reyes earlier today.
So, let’s compile an up-to-date set of All-Star rosters:
SP Jered Weaver
C Russell Martin
C Matt Wieters
1B Miguel Cabrera
1B Paul Konerko (Final Vote winner)
2B Howie Kendrick
3B Kevin Youkilis (replacing Alex Rodriguez)
SS Jhonny Peralta (replacing Derek Jeter)
OF Michael Cuddyer
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Matt Joyce
OF Carlos Quentin
DH Michael Young
Will not participate
SP Felix Hernandez
SS Derek Jeter
SP David Price
SP Jon Lester (replacing Felix Hernandez)
RP Mariano Rivera
3B Alex Rodriguez
SP CC Sabathia (replacing James Shields)
SP James Shields
SP Justin Verlander
SP Roy Halladay
C Yadier Molina
C Miguel Montero (replacing Placido Polanco)
1B Gaby Sanchez
1B Joey Votto
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Pablo Sandoval (replacing Jose Reyes)
SS Starlin Castro
OF Jay Bruce
OF Andre Ethier (replacing Shane Victorino)
OF Andrew McCutchen (replacing Ryan Braun)
OF Hunter Pence
OF Justin Upton
Will not participate
OF Ryan Braun
SP Matt Cain
SP Cole Hamels
3B Chipper Jones
3B Placido Polanco
SS Jose Reyes
OF Shane Victorino (Final Vote winner)
We still don’t know who will start in place of Polanco or Braun for the NL squad or who will replace Cain on the roster. Technically, Cain won’t be officially scratched until after he takes the mound in tonight’s game. We also don’t know the NL starting pitcher or designated hitter.
6:05 p.m. EDT: The AJC’s David O’Brien says Braves reliever Craig Kimbrel will be the choice to take Cain’s spot on the roster. An announcement should come soon after the Giants came starts at 8 p.m.
It also sounds like Rolen is going to get the start at third base over Sandoval.
6:30 p.m. EDT: I’ve adjusted the NL lineup with the confirmation that Rolen would start over Sandoval.
8:45 p.m. EDT: Kimbrel was confirmed as Cain’s replacement.
12:45 p.m. EDT: I’ve edited to include the starting lineups.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 32
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL