Jul 10, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Hamels gave up just one run and three hits in improving to 11-4 this season. He has a 2.32 ERA and a 0.93 WHIP, but he was officially scratched from the All-Star Game roster because he pitched today.
Derek Lowe surrendered four runs over six innings for Atlanta. The Phillies did most of their damage against the underbelly of the Braves bullpen, roughing up Cory Gearrin and Scott Proctor for 10 runs in two innings.
Raul Ibanez hit a three-run homer and drove in six runs for Philadelphia. John Mayberry Jr. doubled three times and knocked in four runs. Even Rule 5 pick Michael Martinez had four hits, raising his average from .192 to .229.
The Phillies won two out of three in the series to open up a 3 1/2-game lead on the Braves in the NL East. The Braves, though, are five games ahead in the wild card as play shuts down for the next three days.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 4
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3