Jul 10, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Hamels gave up just one run and three hits in improving to 11-4 this season. He has a 2.32 ERA and a 0.93 WHIP, but he was officially scratched from the All-Star Game roster because he pitched today.
Derek Lowe surrendered four runs over six innings for Atlanta. The Phillies did most of their damage against the underbelly of the Braves bullpen, roughing up Cory Gearrin and Scott Proctor for 10 runs in two innings.
Raul Ibanez hit a three-run homer and drove in six runs for Philadelphia. John Mayberry Jr. doubled three times and knocked in four runs. Even Rule 5 pick Michael Martinez had four hits, raising his average from .192 to .229.
The Phillies won two out of three in the series to open up a 3 1/2-game lead on the Braves in the NL East. The Braves, though, are five games ahead in the wild card as play shuts down for the next three days.
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 1
- The beauty of belief 23
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)