Jul 10, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Hamels gave up just one run and three hits in improving to 11-4 this season. He has a 2.32 ERA and a 0.93 WHIP, but he was officially scratched from the All-Star Game roster because he pitched today.
Derek Lowe surrendered four runs over six innings for Atlanta. The Phillies did most of their damage against the underbelly of the Braves bullpen, roughing up Cory Gearrin and Scott Proctor for 10 runs in two innings.
Raul Ibanez hit a three-run homer and drove in six runs for Philadelphia. John Mayberry Jr. doubled three times and knocked in four runs. Even Rule 5 pick Michael Martinez had four hits, raising his average from .192 to .229.
The Phillies won two out of three in the series to open up a 3 1/2-game lead on the Braves in the NL East. The Braves, though, are five games ahead in the wild card as play shuts down for the next three days.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)