Jul 10, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
Just in case you were still keeping score…
Felix Hernandez is a 2011 All-Star, but he can’t be on the roster because he started this afternoon’s game for the Mariners.
So… Jon Lester is a 2011 All-Star, except he’s on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle and can’t pitch.
So… Ricky Romero is a 2011 All-Star.
For an explantion of the foolishness, read the Ogando-Sabathia-Shields post from earlier this afternoon.
When all is said and done, it looks like we’ll have about 85 players selected for the 2011 All-Star Game.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)