Jul 10, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
Just in case you were still keeping score…
Felix Hernandez is a 2011 All-Star, but he can’t be on the roster because he started this afternoon’s game for the Mariners.
So… Jon Lester is a 2011 All-Star, except he’s on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle and can’t pitch.
So… Ricky Romero is a 2011 All-Star.
For an explantion of the foolishness, read the Ogando-Sabathia-Shields post from earlier this afternoon.
When all is said and done, it looks like we’ll have about 85 players selected for the 2011 All-Star Game.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (101)