Jul 10, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
Just in case you were still keeping score…
Felix Hernandez is a 2011 All-Star, but he can’t be on the roster because he started this afternoon’s game for the Mariners.
So… Jon Lester is a 2011 All-Star, except he’s on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle and can’t pitch.
So… Ricky Romero is a 2011 All-Star.
For an explantion of the foolishness, read the Ogando-Sabathia-Shields post from earlier this afternoon.
When all is said and done, it looks like we’ll have about 85 players selected for the 2011 All-Star Game.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him