Jul 10, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
Just in case you were still keeping score…
Felix Hernandez is a 2011 All-Star, but he can’t be on the roster because he started this afternoon’s game for the Mariners.
So… Jon Lester is a 2011 All-Star, except he’s on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle and can’t pitch.
So… Ricky Romero is a 2011 All-Star.
For an explantion of the foolishness, read the Ogando-Sabathia-Shields post from earlier this afternoon.
When all is said and done, it looks like we’ll have about 85 players selected for the 2011 All-Star Game.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)