Jul 11, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
American League manager Ron Washington said Monday that Detroit’s Jose Valverde will be his choice to close out a lead Tuesday night, and Valverde spent all day in front of a mirror rehearsing a new celebration upon hearing the move.
Personally, I’m hoping for a new take on the Ickey Shuffle, though for what it’s worth, Valverde’s recent moves suggest he’s been studying Russian dance of late.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)