Jul 11, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
American League manager Ron Washington said Monday that Detroit’s Jose Valverde will be his choice to close out a lead Tuesday night, and Valverde spent all day in front of a mirror rehearsing a new celebration upon hearing the move.
Personally, I’m hoping for a new take on the Ickey Shuffle, though for what it’s worth, Valverde’s recent moves suggest he’s been studying Russian dance of late.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)