Jul 11, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
In addition to the starting pitchers — Roy Halladay and Jered Weaver if you had not heard — we now have All-Star Game starting lineups too. As follows:
We have a choice here. We can sit and analyze these lineups for their relative strengths and weaknesses, or we can acknowledge that by the time you get a quarter of the way into your bowl of popcorn, there will have been a dozen substitutions and all reason and order will have abandoned your scorecard.
This game will likely be decided by All-Star number 78 or something, so don’t get too hung up on the starters.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)