Jul 11, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
In addition to the starting pitchers — Roy Halladay and Jered Weaver if you had not heard — we now have All-Star Game starting lineups too. As follows:
We have a choice here. We can sit and analyze these lineups for their relative strengths and weaknesses, or we can acknowledge that by the time you get a quarter of the way into your bowl of popcorn, there will have been a dozen substitutions and all reason and order will have abandoned your scorecard.
This game will likely be decided by All-Star number 78 or something, so don’t get too hung up on the starters.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (78)