Jul 11, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
“I called it earlier this year,” he said. “It would be epic.”
Wilson, a New Hampshire native, has never pitched at Fenway Park and is hoping for the opportunity, he told the Boston Globe.
“I was there to see the Junior Pan-Am Games once and a few Sox-Yankees games.” he said. “I’ve never been there as a baseball player. It would be fun to go there for the Series. You think?”
The Red Sox and Giants currently have the second- and fifth-best records in baseball, respectively, so it doesn’t seem especially far-fetched.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 11
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires