Jul 12, 2011, 7:01 PM EST
Not that he was all that likely to pitch anyway.
“It’s either (strep throat) or a sinus infection,” Crow said. “(The doctor) gave me some medicine and I’m feeling a lot better.”
Despite the illness, Crow will be in uniform tonight. After talking with AL coaches, it was decided that he’d only pitch if the game goes into extra innings.
He is expected to be ready to go when the Royals’ season resumed on Thursday.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 22
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 153
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (169)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)