Jul 12, 2011, 7:01 PM EDT
Not that he was all that likely to pitch anyway.
“It’s either (strep throat) or a sinus infection,” Crow said. “(The doctor) gave me some medicine and I’m feeling a lot better.”
Despite the illness, Crow will be in uniform tonight. After talking with AL coaches, it was decided that he’d only pitch if the game goes into extra innings.
He is expected to be ready to go when the Royals’ season resumed on Thursday.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8