Jul 12, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
AL manager Ron Washington announced his pitching plan for tonight’s All-Star game, or at least his plan for the first four innings.
Jered Weaver, who earned the starting nod by going 11-4 with a 1.86 ERA in the first half, is expected to throw just one inning, at which point Washington will call on Josh Beckett, C.J. Wilson, and Michael Pineda from the bullpen for one inning apiece (in that order).
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 56
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)