Jul 12, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
AL manager Ron Washington announced his pitching plan for tonight’s All-Star game, or at least his plan for the first four innings.
Jered Weaver, who earned the starting nod by going 11-4 with a 1.86 ERA in the first half, is expected to throw just one inning, at which point Washington will call on Josh Beckett, C.J. Wilson, and Michael Pineda from the bullpen for one inning apiece (in that order).
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)