Jul 12, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez injured his right wrist last week when he crashed into the center field wall at Coors Field. After pain and swelling and other assorted nastiness through off-and-on play since then, he had an MRI on it and it has been revealed that there is no break, just a deep bone bruise. Which, by the way, would be a good name for an album. I’m guessing by some second generation grunge outfit circa 1995 or1996, which led directly to the music industry pivoting off guitars and into auto-tune hell, but that’s another story.
Gonzalez will get a cortisone shot and take batting practice tomorrow. Assuming that works out OK, he’ll be back in the lineup, presumably. Where he can work on finding the power he has lost of late. Oh: “Finding the Power” would be a great album name for a Christian Rock group. Maybe formed by a member of Petra that went off on his own or something.
I got a ton of ideas like this, by the way, so just call me if you’re having trouble naming your album.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 21
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 28
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)