Jul 12, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez injured his right wrist last week when he crashed into the center field wall at Coors Field. After pain and swelling and other assorted nastiness through off-and-on play since then, he had an MRI on it and it has been revealed that there is no break, just a deep bone bruise. Which, by the way, would be a good name for an album. I’m guessing by some second generation grunge outfit circa 1995 or1996, which led directly to the music industry pivoting off guitars and into auto-tune hell, but that’s another story.
Gonzalez will get a cortisone shot and take batting practice tomorrow. Assuming that works out OK, he’ll be back in the lineup, presumably. Where he can work on finding the power he has lost of late. Oh: “Finding the Power” would be a great album name for a Christian Rock group. Maybe formed by a member of Petra that went off on his own or something.
I got a ton of ideas like this, by the way, so just call me if you’re having trouble naming your album.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (112)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)