Jul 12, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez injured his right wrist last week when he crashed into the center field wall at Coors Field. After pain and swelling and other assorted nastiness through off-and-on play since then, he had an MRI on it and it has been revealed that there is no break, just a deep bone bruise. Which, by the way, would be a good name for an album. I’m guessing by some second generation grunge outfit circa 1995 or1996, which led directly to the music industry pivoting off guitars and into auto-tune hell, but that’s another story.
Gonzalez will get a cortisone shot and take batting practice tomorrow. Assuming that works out OK, he’ll be back in the lineup, presumably. Where he can work on finding the power he has lost of late. Oh: “Finding the Power” would be a great album name for a Christian Rock group. Maybe formed by a member of Petra that went off on his own or something.
I got a ton of ideas like this, by the way, so just call me if you’re having trouble naming your album.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)