Jul 12, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez injured his right wrist last week when he crashed into the center field wall at Coors Field. After pain and swelling and other assorted nastiness through off-and-on play since then, he had an MRI on it and it has been revealed that there is no break, just a deep bone bruise. Which, by the way, would be a good name for an album. I’m guessing by some second generation grunge outfit circa 1995 or1996, which led directly to the music industry pivoting off guitars and into auto-tune hell, but that’s another story.
Gonzalez will get a cortisone shot and take batting practice tomorrow. Assuming that works out OK, he’ll be back in the lineup, presumably. Where he can work on finding the power he has lost of late. Oh: “Finding the Power” would be a great album name for a Christian Rock group. Maybe formed by a member of Petra that went off on his own or something.
I got a ton of ideas like this, by the way, so just call me if you’re having trouble naming your album.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)