Jul 12, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez injured his right wrist last week when he crashed into the center field wall at Coors Field. After pain and swelling and other assorted nastiness through off-and-on play since then, he had an MRI on it and it has been revealed that there is no break, just a deep bone bruise. Which, by the way, would be a good name for an album. I’m guessing by some second generation grunge outfit circa 1995 or1996, which led directly to the music industry pivoting off guitars and into auto-tune hell, but that’s another story.
Gonzalez will get a cortisone shot and take batting practice tomorrow. Assuming that works out OK, he’ll be back in the lineup, presumably. Where he can work on finding the power he has lost of late. Oh: “Finding the Power” would be a great album name for a Christian Rock group. Maybe formed by a member of Petra that went off on his own or something.
I got a ton of ideas like this, by the way, so just call me if you’re having trouble naming your album.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 85
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)