Jul 12, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
There’s no official timetable yet for his return, but manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright will likely need at least 30-40 at-bats in the minors before the Mets consider activating him from the disabled list.
Wright has been out since mid-May with a back injury and the combination of Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy haven’t been able to replace his production, but their .308 batting average and .754 OPS in 49 games at third base has been plenty solid. And during his absence the Mets have gone 27-24 to improve from 19-21 to 46-45.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)