Jul 12, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
There’s no official timetable yet for his return, but manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright will likely need at least 30-40 at-bats in the minors before the Mets consider activating him from the disabled list.
Wright has been out since mid-May with a back injury and the combination of Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy haven’t been able to replace his production, but their .308 batting average and .754 OPS in 49 games at third base has been plenty solid. And during his absence the Mets have gone 27-24 to improve from 19-21 to 46-45.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)