Jul 12, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
There’s no official timetable yet for his return, but manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright will likely need at least 30-40 at-bats in the minors before the Mets consider activating him from the disabled list.
Wright has been out since mid-May with a back injury and the combination of Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy haven’t been able to replace his production, but their .308 batting average and .754 OPS in 49 games at third base has been plenty solid. And during his absence the Mets have gone 27-24 to improve from 19-21 to 46-45.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)