Jul 12, 2011, 4:46 PM EST
There’s no official timetable yet for his return, but manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright will likely need at least 30-40 at-bats in the minors before the Mets consider activating him from the disabled list.
Wright has been out since mid-May with a back injury and the combination of Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy haven’t been able to replace his production, but their .308 batting average and .754 OPS in 49 games at third base has been plenty solid. And during his absence the Mets have gone 27-24 to improve from 19-21 to 46-45.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)