Jul 12, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
There’s no official timetable yet for his return, but manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright will likely need at least 30-40 at-bats in the minors before the Mets consider activating him from the disabled list.
Wright has been out since mid-May with a back injury and the combination of Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy haven’t been able to replace his production, but their .308 batting average and .754 OPS in 49 games at third base has been plenty solid. And during his absence the Mets have gone 27-24 to improve from 19-21 to 46-45.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 56
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)