Derek Jeter spotted in Miami with girlfriend Minka Kelly

Jul 12, 2011, 6:21 PM EDT

Jeter walks with girlfriend Kelly at Yankee Stadium after final game

While the debate about whether Derek Jeter should have attended the All-Star Game rages on, RadarOnline.com snapped some pictures earlier today of the newest member of the 3,000-hit club having lunch with his actress girlfriend Minka Kelly at an outdoor cafe in Miami, Florida.

Kelly is in currently in Miami shooting for the television reboot of “Charlie’s Angels.”

Yeah, let’s see. Rest and relax in Miami with one of the most beautiful women in the world or come to sweltering hot Phoenix to wave to some folks and answer the same awkward questions over and over again? I think I know what I would choose. It’s rare that I say it, but I’m with Bud Selig on this.

Stay tuned for the next installment of HBTMZ.

1. aronmantoo - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM

A player gets voted to the all star game and is not on the dl? He should be there, As should Mariano. Reyes is on the dl but he’s there. Shame on Mr Baseball

• bigharold - Jul 12, 2011 at 8:53 PM

He just got off the DL, for only the second time in his career. A guy that avrage 150+ games a year, not counting playoffs, which he’s been in 15 of the 16 seasons he’splayed. I’d wager that his calf stillisn’t 100%. He just went through a pretty hectic week and you make out to some sort of slacker. Get a grip.

• raysfan1 - Jul 12, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Guaranteed the calf still isn’t 100%. Muscle strains are nagging injuries & even when they feel better, the muscle remains weak and easy to reinjure. It won’t be 100% until the offseason. Derek Jeter’s job is to be the shortstop for the Yankees. To be able to help his team for the stretch run, he needs to rest whenever he can–not subject his legs to unnecessary competitive effort. Anybody complaining about him not being in the AS game would immediately sining the opposite tune if he played and reinjured himself.

• Old Gator - Jul 12, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Reyes doesn’t have Minka Kelly to spend the week with, though, does he?

2. royalsfaninfargo - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Exactly how I would spend my break from work, but I’m married and I dont think the wife would be to thrilled!

• Utley's Hair - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM

What would it hurt to try? Oh…that’s right….

3. aceshigh11 - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Let the guy relax! He was injured only a few weeks ago and just got 3,000 hits.

4. kurtstallings - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Hang on. You’e saying this guy can: (a) go do the work he’s spent his entire life doing in a game that doesn’t count in the standings; or, (b) curl up with her.

You think he should pick (a)?

You are out of your mind, my friend.

5. bigleagues - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM

As a die hard Red Sox fan who was at Game 7 of the ALCS with #24 Red Sox jersey, was among the 1000 or so Red Sox fans who chanted “na-na nahh-na, na-na nahh-na, hey hey hey, good bye for what seemed like 20 minutes behind Home plate after that epic exorcism, and will forever be seen in the file footage of the 2004 Duckboat victory parade standing on a rock in the Charles . . .

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but . . . this actually shows that Derek Jeter is human. And if I’m a human who just worked 150 days in a row without a day off, and I suddenly have 3 days off right after achieving one of the hardest things to do in my profession . . . AND I’m married to Minka Kelly . . . you can damn well be sure that I’m taking her to South Beach to relax and enjoy life a little before I go back to work for another straight days.

Derek Jeter – the most beloved Yankee by Red Sox fans – even if they don’t admit it.

6. cur68 - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:04 PM

If anyone cares about my opinion (and lets face it; few do) I’d rate Minka higher than an All Star game by about a zillion points using whatever standard anyone could name. Can’t blame Jeets for choosing her over a meaningless game.

• bigleagues - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

It used to be meaningless before the CEO Selig knee-jerked and damaged the integrity of the sport.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Seisenta y ocho, howz it going?

• wlschneider09 - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Good to see you back Cur

• cur68 - Jul 12, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Hey fellas. Howayadoin’? I can’t believe how much I missed HBT and MLB while grinding my nose down for the past 5 days or whatever it was. I did need the break though; too much reality in baseball is bad for me I guess. Just finished a MAJOR re-write and am now compiling stats for charts. The end of the thesis draws nigh!

Sucks that all the baseball on TV is the stupid All Star game then nothing tomorrow. Thursday though; Beavermen host the Universe. Ortiz, Gonzalez, Cano and Bautista can go back to pretending to be adversaries and Jeets will put Minka down and grab his bat and glove for some more “leadership quality” shortstopping. Thursday can’t get here fast enough to suit me.

• yankeesfanlen - Jul 12, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I knew we’d reel you back in with the bare mention of Minka.

• cur68 - Jul 12, 2011 at 9:06 PM

You wrote ‘bare’ and ‘Minka’ in the same sentence (heh, heh, heh); you got a way with words there, Len.

7. drunkenhooliganism - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM

He should have just said that was the reason he was missing the game.

8. Earl Westlake - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Lol, we would all do the exact same thing as Derek. She is in a league of her own.

#winning

9. phukyouk - Jul 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM

“Derek Jeter, you just got your 3000th hit, what are you going to do?”
    (Jeter looking at Minka) ” THAT!”

10. koufaxmitzvah - Jul 12, 2011 at 10:26 PM

…And I would be, too.

11. nlfan865 - Jul 12, 2011 at 11:43 PM

When you end your article pointing to Bud Selig as the voice of reason….well that just nulifies anything coherant in the sentences beforehand…..

12. deathmonkey41 - Jul 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

The “rebooting” Charlie’s Angels again??? Seriously, are there no good scripts anymore? Now we have franchises rebooted every 5 yrs???

Three legends off to Cooperstown