Roger Clemens’ family is tweeting in his defense

Jul 12, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT

Roger Clemens AP

I’d like to think that if I was ever thrust into the public spotlight that my family wouldn’t embarrass me. My brother might need a talking to, but I think I’d probably be OK.

As we saw a bit ago, Colby Rasmus can’t say the same thing.  Roger Clemens can’t either, apparently, as his sister and other family members have apparently taken to Twitter and various blogs in his defense, calling his accuser a liar and all of that sort of thing.  Only problem: that may be violating the gag order the judge has in place on the trial.

The gag order doesn’t cover those other than trial participants, but if it were found that Clemens or his lawyers were encouraging all of this, it could be trouble for him. And of course, prosecutors could ask that the gag order be extended to cover family members.

Probably worth noting again here that if Roger had simply shut up in the first place he wouldn’t be on trial right now, but let’s not let that get in the way of all of this fun.

1. joecool16280 - Jul 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Man, this guy is such a delusional tool.

2. tonydetiger - Jul 12, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Craig, did Roger steal your girlfriend in College or something? Never seen someone so interested in dragging someone down. Even someone who helps put food on your table. If the guy is so bad, maybe you should donate the 38 bucks you made from your book about him to steroid education? You find the most obscure lame news to try and make him look bad. Is this what blogging has become? You should check if TMZ is hiring.

• Craig Calcaterra - Jul 12, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I didn’t write any books about Roger Clemens. I believe you have me mixed up with someone else.

And I’m sorry if my criticism of a man who, while married, had an affair with a drugged-up country singer he met when she was 15 and he was 28, and who set the wheels of his current prosecution in motion 100% on his own accord offends your sensibilities.

• tonydetiger - Jul 12, 2011 at 12:58 PM

My mistake..had you mixed up with another writer. But notice that you use his affair with Mcdruggie to try and prove a point about how bad he is. She “who had no reason to lie”, a fact you love to point out about Pettitte, met him when she was 15. they did not start any sexual relationship until she was overage. So yes he is a cheating bastard, but your not so sly attempt to paint him as a pederast does not fly.

• cerowb - Jul 12, 2011 at 12:54 PM

….are you also related to Roger Clemens?

• FC - Jul 12, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Speaking of books, this reminds me of Canseco’s book. The funny part is the one about Clemen’s supposed Marital Integrity….

3. tonydetiger - Jul 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Pedofile…lol

4. cptnew1 - Jul 12, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Pederasty or paederasty ( /ˈpɛdəræsti/, UK /ˈpiːdəræsti/) is a (usually erotic) relationship between an older man and an adolescent BOY outside his immediate family.

Mindy McCready is a boy?!

Three legends off to Cooperstown