Jul 12, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’d like to think that if I was ever thrust into the public spotlight that my family wouldn’t embarrass me. My brother might need a talking to, but I think I’d probably be OK.
As we saw a bit ago, Colby Rasmus can’t say the same thing. Roger Clemens can’t either, apparently, as his sister and other family members have apparently taken to Twitter and various blogs in his defense, calling his accuser a liar and all of that sort of thing. Only problem: that may be violating the gag order the judge has in place on the trial.
The gag order doesn’t cover those other than trial participants, but if it were found that Clemens or his lawyers were encouraging all of this, it could be trouble for him. And of course, prosecutors could ask that the gag order be extended to cover family members.
Probably worth noting again here that if Roger had simply shut up in the first place he wouldn’t be on trial right now, but let’s not let that get in the way of all of this fun.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)