Jul 12, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’d like to think that if I was ever thrust into the public spotlight that my family wouldn’t embarrass me. My brother might need a talking to, but I think I’d probably be OK.
As we saw a bit ago, Colby Rasmus can’t say the same thing. Roger Clemens can’t either, apparently, as his sister and other family members have apparently taken to Twitter and various blogs in his defense, calling his accuser a liar and all of that sort of thing. Only problem: that may be violating the gag order the judge has in place on the trial.
The gag order doesn’t cover those other than trial participants, but if it were found that Clemens or his lawyers were encouraging all of this, it could be trouble for him. And of course, prosecutors could ask that the gag order be extended to cover family members.
Probably worth noting again here that if Roger had simply shut up in the first place he wouldn’t be on trial right now, but let’s not let that get in the way of all of this fun.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 7
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 12
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 133
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (133)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)