Jul 12, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’d like to think that if I was ever thrust into the public spotlight that my family wouldn’t embarrass me. My brother might need a talking to, but I think I’d probably be OK.
As we saw a bit ago, Colby Rasmus can’t say the same thing. Roger Clemens can’t either, apparently, as his sister and other family members have apparently taken to Twitter and various blogs in his defense, calling his accuser a liar and all of that sort of thing. Only problem: that may be violating the gag order the judge has in place on the trial.
The gag order doesn’t cover those other than trial participants, but if it were found that Clemens or his lawyers were encouraging all of this, it could be trouble for him. And of course, prosecutors could ask that the gag order be extended to cover family members.
Probably worth noting again here that if Roger had simply shut up in the first place he wouldn’t be on trial right now, but let’s not let that get in the way of all of this fun.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17