Jul 12, 2011, 9:12 PM EST
Josh Beckett was scheduled to be the second pitcher in for the AL squad in Tuesday’s All-Star Game, but he was scratched and replaced by David Robertson after feeling soreness in his left knee while warming up.
Beckett, who left his start for the Red Sox on Friday due to a hyperextended left knee, was cleared to pitch tonight after a successful bullpen session Sunday.
Boston’s plan was for Beckett to make his return to the rotation on Sunday, but time will tell whether that will happen. If he lands on the disabled list, the Red Sox might call up Kevin Millwood to take his spot.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)