Jul 12, 2011, 9:12 PM EDT
Josh Beckett was scheduled to be the second pitcher in for the AL squad in Tuesday’s All-Star Game, but he was scratched and replaced by David Robertson after feeling soreness in his left knee while warming up.
Beckett, who left his start for the Red Sox on Friday due to a hyperextended left knee, was cleared to pitch tonight after a successful bullpen session Sunday.
Boston’s plan was for Beckett to make his return to the rotation on Sunday, but time will tell whether that will happen. If he lands on the disabled list, the Red Sox might call up Kevin Millwood to take his spot.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)