Jul 12, 2011, 9:12 PM EDT
Josh Beckett was scheduled to be the second pitcher in for the AL squad in Tuesday’s All-Star Game, but he was scratched and replaced by David Robertson after feeling soreness in his left knee while warming up.
Beckett, who left his start for the Red Sox on Friday due to a hyperextended left knee, was cleared to pitch tonight after a successful bullpen session Sunday.
Boston’s plan was for Beckett to make his return to the rotation on Sunday, but time will tell whether that will happen. If he lands on the disabled list, the Red Sox might call up Kevin Millwood to take his spot.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8