Jul 12, 2011, 9:12 PM EDT
Josh Beckett was scheduled to be the second pitcher in for the AL squad in Tuesday’s All-Star Game, but he was scratched and replaced by David Robertson after feeling soreness in his left knee while warming up.
Beckett, who left his start for the Red Sox on Friday due to a hyperextended left knee, was cleared to pitch tonight after a successful bullpen session Sunday.
Boston’s plan was for Beckett to make his return to the rotation on Sunday, but time will tell whether that will happen. If he lands on the disabled list, the Red Sox might call up Kevin Millwood to take his spot.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)