Jul 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
For the past couple of years we’ve heard of Colby Rasmus‘ trade demands and various bits of discontent. In response, the Cardinals and their partisans have — wisely — noted how silly it would be for the Cards to consider trading a young, cheap, talented and potentially elite centerfielder like Rasmus.
Is that sentiment starting to change? Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch thinks it’s a possibility:
Mozeliak turned down inquiries on Rasmus late last season and during the winter when teams seized upon reports of the player’s repeated trade requests and his differences with La Russa. Now, with Rasmus on the cusp of arbitration and showing only halting development, the organization might reconsider its stance.
There is no shortage of clubs who would be interested in Rasmus if he was, in fact, available. And of course, you get the sense that Rasmus — or at least his father — would be pleased with that too.
Oh, speaking of his father, if I’m not mistaken, he has shown up in the comments here at HBT again, appearing to talk himself up in the third person in Drew’s post from yesterday, under the name of “trasmus3.” That’s not weird or anything.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)