Jul 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
For the past couple of years we’ve heard of Colby Rasmus‘ trade demands and various bits of discontent. In response, the Cardinals and their partisans have — wisely — noted how silly it would be for the Cards to consider trading a young, cheap, talented and potentially elite centerfielder like Rasmus.
Is that sentiment starting to change? Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch thinks it’s a possibility:
Mozeliak turned down inquiries on Rasmus late last season and during the winter when teams seized upon reports of the player’s repeated trade requests and his differences with La Russa. Now, with Rasmus on the cusp of arbitration and showing only halting development, the organization might reconsider its stance.
There is no shortage of clubs who would be interested in Rasmus if he was, in fact, available. And of course, you get the sense that Rasmus — or at least his father — would be pleased with that too.
Oh, speaking of his father, if I’m not mistaken, he has shown up in the comments here at HBT again, appearing to talk himself up in the third person in Drew’s post from yesterday, under the name of “trasmus3.” That’s not weird or anything.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)