Jul 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
For the past couple of years we’ve heard of Colby Rasmus‘ trade demands and various bits of discontent. In response, the Cardinals and their partisans have — wisely — noted how silly it would be for the Cards to consider trading a young, cheap, talented and potentially elite centerfielder like Rasmus.
Is that sentiment starting to change? Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch thinks it’s a possibility:
Mozeliak turned down inquiries on Rasmus late last season and during the winter when teams seized upon reports of the player’s repeated trade requests and his differences with La Russa. Now, with Rasmus on the cusp of arbitration and showing only halting development, the organization might reconsider its stance.
There is no shortage of clubs who would be interested in Rasmus if he was, in fact, available. And of course, you get the sense that Rasmus — or at least his father — would be pleased with that too.
Oh, speaking of his father, if I’m not mistaken, he has shown up in the comments here at HBT again, appearing to talk himself up in the third person in Drew’s post from yesterday, under the name of “trasmus3.” That’s not weird or anything.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)