Jul 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
For the past couple of years we’ve heard of Colby Rasmus‘ trade demands and various bits of discontent. In response, the Cardinals and their partisans have — wisely — noted how silly it would be for the Cards to consider trading a young, cheap, talented and potentially elite centerfielder like Rasmus.
Is that sentiment starting to change? Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch thinks it’s a possibility:
Mozeliak turned down inquiries on Rasmus late last season and during the winter when teams seized upon reports of the player’s repeated trade requests and his differences with La Russa. Now, with Rasmus on the cusp of arbitration and showing only halting development, the organization might reconsider its stance.
There is no shortage of clubs who would be interested in Rasmus if he was, in fact, available. And of course, you get the sense that Rasmus — or at least his father — would be pleased with that too.
Oh, speaking of his father, if I’m not mistaken, he has shown up in the comments here at HBT again, appearing to talk himself up in the third person in Drew’s post from yesterday, under the name of “trasmus3.” That’s not weird or anything.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)