Jul 12, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Because you can’t just watch a baseball game on TV — the very idea is insanity — you’re probably going to have a computer or a smart phone or something in front of you tonight during the festivities in Phoenix. If so, tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial,* because we’re going to be live-blogging the All-Star Game.
The pregame festivities will get going around 8ish, so be here then. D.J. Short will be the master of ceremonies, but I’m sure a bunch of us will be chiming in the comments and stuff too. Indeed, I’m going to make it my personal mission to see if I can’t get banned as a commenter from my own blog. Which would be pretty postmodern.
Anyway: see you at 8 for the All-Star Game live blog. Come for the snark, stay for the snark.
*I worked in radio when people still actually said that in a non-ironic manner. Radio in the 1980s was a very strange business.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)