Jul 12, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Because you can’t just watch a baseball game on TV — the very idea is insanity — you’re probably going to have a computer or a smart phone or something in front of you tonight during the festivities in Phoenix. If so, tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial,* because we’re going to be live-blogging the All-Star Game.
The pregame festivities will get going around 8ish, so be here then. D.J. Short will be the master of ceremonies, but I’m sure a bunch of us will be chiming in the comments and stuff too. Indeed, I’m going to make it my personal mission to see if I can’t get banned as a commenter from my own blog. Which would be pretty postmodern.
Anyway: see you at 8 for the All-Star Game live blog. Come for the snark, stay for the snark.
*I worked in radio when people still actually said that in a non-ironic manner. Radio in the 1980s was a very strange business.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)