Jul 12, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Because you can’t just watch a baseball game on TV — the very idea is insanity — you’re probably going to have a computer or a smart phone or something in front of you tonight during the festivities in Phoenix. If so, tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial,* because we’re going to be live-blogging the All-Star Game.
The pregame festivities will get going around 8ish, so be here then. D.J. Short will be the master of ceremonies, but I’m sure a bunch of us will be chiming in the comments and stuff too. Indeed, I’m going to make it my personal mission to see if I can’t get banned as a commenter from my own blog. Which would be pretty postmodern.
Anyway: see you at 8 for the All-Star Game live blog. Come for the snark, stay for the snark.
*I worked in radio when people still actually said that in a non-ironic manner. Radio in the 1980s was a very strange business.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)