Jul 12, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Because you can’t just watch a baseball game on TV — the very idea is insanity — you’re probably going to have a computer or a smart phone or something in front of you tonight during the festivities in Phoenix. If so, tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial,* because we’re going to be live-blogging the All-Star Game.
The pregame festivities will get going around 8ish, so be here then. D.J. Short will be the master of ceremonies, but I’m sure a bunch of us will be chiming in the comments and stuff too. Indeed, I’m going to make it my personal mission to see if I can’t get banned as a commenter from my own blog. Which would be pretty postmodern.
Anyway: see you at 8 for the All-Star Game live blog. Come for the snark, stay for the snark.
*I worked in radio when people still actually said that in a non-ironic manner. Radio in the 1980s was a very strange business.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)