Jul 13, 2011, 7:03 AM EDT
Wilson provided trade news: “I guess we’re in talks with them about Beltran. Just another perennial hitter. Could only help out a squad” … When I asked Wilson to clarify, he smiled as if he said too much: “I didn’t say that. I said I heard a rumor that someone’s interested.”
I guess I’d be less interested if we didn’t get confirmation a few minutes later that, yes, Mets’ GM Sandy Alderson was in fact working the phones. For what it’s worth, Beltran has said that he would waive his no-trade clause to go to the Giants.
Who knows if it will go down, but let’s make sure of something here: if Beltran does get traded to the Giants, I think we need to credit Brian Wilson — not Olney, Rosenthal, Heyman or whoever — for first reporting it.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot