Bryce Harper got matching “Mom” and “Pops” wrist tattoos

Jul 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EST

bryce harper tats

Fresh off his 0-for-4 performance in the Futures Games over the weekend Washington uber prospect Bryce Harper decided to get some ink along with his brother, Bryan Harper, who was drafted by the Nationals last month.

They tweeted out pictures of the tattoos and then later deleted them, but Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post got a hold of the images before they vanished. You know, for posterity’s sake.

You can see the finished product on the right and here’s the No. 1 overall prospect in all of baseball in the chair, tattooing in progress:

source:

I suppose there are plenty of worse tattoos to have. “Remember Sammy Jankis,” for example.

1. halladaysbiceps - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Why? I wonder if “Pops” and “Mom” would approve.

Wouldn’t “Blow” and “Kiss” be more appropriate?

2. texasdawg - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Yee. Haw.

3. dlevalley - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM

It’s sad that the part of this that annoys me the most is the inconsistency plurality… What’s wrong with ‘Mom’ and ‘Pop’?

4. phukyouk - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM

man…. how dumb would he be if he spelled mom and pop backwards?

5. kopy - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Any time is does anything that requires looking at his hands he’s going to be reminded of his parents. Anything.

Seems a little too permanent for my taste. He should have bought some custom-made wristbands instead.

6. anybodyinhere - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I am firmly convinced this should be Bryce’s walk-up song when the Nats call him up:

7. bloodysock - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

It would have been more fun to see him have tattooed his crazy eye black scheme on his face.

8. sportsdrenched - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM

College & Professional sports teams have athletic trainers and financial advisors. These teams MUST begin hiring “Tatoo Coaches”. You know, some one to run the design by to make sure it’s tastefull and that the player doesn’t embarrass.

If MLB and other leagues don’t get control of this something tragic is going to happen. Like what happened to this guy:

• jimbo1949 - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Future cellmate: “You talkin’ to me?”
      Future prison guard: “You talkin’ to me?”
      Future fellow inmate: “You talkin’ to me?”
      Not much of a future?

• clydeserra - Jul 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Actually none of those people will likely say anything more than, “huh, Funny.”

9. Andrew - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:05 PM

+1 for Memento reference.

10. trevorb06 - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Awwww, his first rebelious ‘Bieber moment’. They grow up so quick.

11. scatterbrian - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:10 PM

This is the kind of shit that feed this kid’s ego…

12. frankvzappa - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM

This is exactly the kind of article I needed to read so that I feel less like a sally for watching women’s soccer. What a homer.

13. hotkarlsandwich - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Douche and Bag

14. metalhead65 - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

wow alot of hate for having a simple tat. are you people so jealous of his success that you will rip him for anything? not gangster enough for you I guess?

15. undeadjesus - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:51 PM

He’s gonna realize how dumb this was the next time he beats off.

Gotta think things through, kid!

16. cmutimmah - Jul 13, 2011 at 4:11 PM

This comment is going to get thumbs down for good reason, but I don’t care…

I hope everytime he rubs one out, he wears a wristband…

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester