Jul 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Fresh off his 0-for-4 performance in the Futures Games over the weekend Washington uber prospect Bryce Harper decided to get some ink along with his brother, Bryan Harper, who was drafted by the Nationals last month.
They tweeted out pictures of the tattoos and then later deleted them, but Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post got a hold of the images before they vanished. You know, for posterity’s sake.
You can see the finished product on the right and here’s the No. 1 overall prospect in all of baseball in the chair, tattooing in progress:
I suppose there are plenty of worse tattoos to have. “Remember Sammy Jankis,” for example.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)