Jul 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Fresh off his 0-for-4 performance in the Futures Games over the weekend Washington uber prospect Bryce Harper decided to get some ink along with his brother, Bryan Harper, who was drafted by the Nationals last month.
They tweeted out pictures of the tattoos and then later deleted them, but Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post got a hold of the images before they vanished. You know, for posterity’s sake.
You can see the finished product on the right and here’s the No. 1 overall prospect in all of baseball in the chair, tattooing in progress:
I suppose there are plenty of worse tattoos to have. “Remember Sammy Jankis,” for example.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)