Jul 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Fresh off his 0-for-4 performance in the Futures Games over the weekend Washington uber prospect Bryce Harper decided to get some ink along with his brother, Bryan Harper, who was drafted by the Nationals last month.
They tweeted out pictures of the tattoos and then later deleted them, but Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post got a hold of the images before they vanished. You know, for posterity’s sake.
You can see the finished product on the right and here’s the No. 1 overall prospect in all of baseball in the chair, tattooing in progress:
I suppose there are plenty of worse tattoos to have. “Remember Sammy Jankis,” for example.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)