Jul 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Fresh off his 0-for-4 performance in the Futures Games over the weekend Washington uber prospect Bryce Harper decided to get some ink along with his brother, Bryan Harper, who was drafted by the Nationals last month.
They tweeted out pictures of the tattoos and then later deleted them, but Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post got a hold of the images before they vanished. You know, for posterity’s sake.
You can see the finished product on the right and here’s the No. 1 overall prospect in all of baseball in the chair, tattooing in progress:
I suppose there are plenty of worse tattoos to have. “Remember Sammy Jankis,” for example.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)