Jul 13, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
He’s set to begin a rehab assignment at Double-A, but following the Marlins’ trade for Mike Cameron last week it sounds like Coghlan is still destined for a stint in the minors once healthy.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post writes that “there are no guarantees he will come back to the Marlins” and being assigned to Triple-A once he’s activated from the DL “seems more likely.”
Marlins president Larry Beinfest wouldn’t commit either way on Coghlan’s status, saying only that “the team will assess later on” what to do with the Opening Day center fielder and former Rookie of the Year.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)