Jul 13, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
He’s set to begin a rehab assignment at Double-A, but following the Marlins’ trade for Mike Cameron last week it sounds like Coghlan is still destined for a stint in the minors once healthy.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post writes that “there are no guarantees he will come back to the Marlins” and being assigned to Triple-A once he’s activated from the DL “seems more likely.”
Marlins president Larry Beinfest wouldn’t commit either way on Coghlan’s status, saying only that “the team will assess later on” what to do with the Opening Day center fielder and former Rookie of the Year.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness