Jul 13, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
He’s set to begin a rehab assignment at Double-A, but following the Marlins’ trade for Mike Cameron last week it sounds like Coghlan is still destined for a stint in the minors once healthy.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post writes that “there are no guarantees he will come back to the Marlins” and being assigned to Triple-A once he’s activated from the DL “seems more likely.”
Marlins president Larry Beinfest wouldn’t commit either way on Coghlan’s status, saying only that “the team will assess later on” what to do with the Opening Day center fielder and former Rookie of the Year.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17