Jul 13, 2011, 1:13 PM EST
He’s set to begin a rehab assignment at Double-A, but following the Marlins’ trade for Mike Cameron last week it sounds like Coghlan is still destined for a stint in the minors once healthy.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post writes that “there are no guarantees he will come back to the Marlins” and being assigned to Triple-A once he’s activated from the DL “seems more likely.”
Marlins president Larry Beinfest wouldn’t commit either way on Coghlan’s status, saying only that “the team will assess later on” what to do with the Opening Day center fielder and former Rookie of the Year.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)