Jul 13, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
I’m struck by the notion that this kid should only get 15 minutes of fame. I’m also struck by the notion that I’ve probably written more about him than anyone, so if he’s overstaying his welcome in the public eye, it’s more my fault than his. Eh, I can live with that. I’ve grown fond of the fella. I don’t know why. I kind of want to give him a hug.
Anyway: the latest haul in his post-Jeter odyssey: a World Series ring from 2009. No, it wasn’t Jeter’s. Or even Jose Molina‘s. It was from Mitchell Modell, CEO of Modell’s Sporting Goods, who got the ring because Modell’s sponsors the Yankees. I’m assuming there are no tax implications here, seeing as though this has to be a gift.
In other news, you get a World Series ring for sponsoring the team that won the World Series.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12