Jul 13, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
I’m struck by the notion that this kid should only get 15 minutes of fame. I’m also struck by the notion that I’ve probably written more about him than anyone, so if he’s overstaying his welcome in the public eye, it’s more my fault than his. Eh, I can live with that. I’ve grown fond of the fella. I don’t know why. I kind of want to give him a hug.
Anyway: the latest haul in his post-Jeter odyssey: a World Series ring from 2009. No, it wasn’t Jeter’s. Or even Jose Molina‘s. It was from Mitchell Modell, CEO of Modell’s Sporting Goods, who got the ring because Modell’s sponsors the Yankees. I’m assuming there are no tax implications here, seeing as though this has to be a gift.
In other news, you get a World Series ring for sponsoring the team that won the World Series.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)