Jul 13, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
I posted this morning about the matching “Mom” and “Pops” tattoos Bryce Harper got on his wrists, but he wasn’t the only player to spend the All-Star break getting inked up.
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez, who failed to make the All-Star team for the first time since 2007, got a similar-looking tattoo on his forearm, except his says simply “Hailey” (which is his daughter’s name, says Google).
At first glance I actually thought it said “Hanley” and I had this whole snarky paragraph about how that could come in handy, but then … well, turns out I just don’t read cursive tattoos all that well. They didn’t cover that–or really anything regarding blog posts about tattoos–in journalism school, although admittedly I never did take the high-level reporting classes.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 105
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)