Jul 13, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
I posted this morning about the matching “Mom” and “Pops” tattoos Bryce Harper got on his wrists, but he wasn’t the only player to spend the All-Star break getting inked up.
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez, who failed to make the All-Star team for the first time since 2007, got a similar-looking tattoo on his forearm, except his says simply “Hailey” (which is his daughter’s name, says Google).
At first glance I actually thought it said “Hanley” and I had this whole snarky paragraph about how that could come in handy, but then … well, turns out I just don’t read cursive tattoos all that well. They didn’t cover that–or really anything regarding blog posts about tattoos–in journalism school, although admittedly I never did take the high-level reporting classes.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 65
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)