Jul 13, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
I posted this morning about the matching “Mom” and “Pops” tattoos Bryce Harper got on his wrists, but he wasn’t the only player to spend the All-Star break getting inked up.
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez, who failed to make the All-Star team for the first time since 2007, got a similar-looking tattoo on his forearm, except his says simply “Hailey” (which is his daughter’s name, says Google).
At first glance I actually thought it said “Hanley” and I had this whole snarky paragraph about how that could come in handy, but then … well, turns out I just don’t read cursive tattoos all that well. They didn’t cover that–or really anything regarding blog posts about tattoos–in journalism school, although admittedly I never did take the high-level reporting classes.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)