Jul 13, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
I posted this morning about the matching “Mom” and “Pops” tattoos Bryce Harper got on his wrists, but he wasn’t the only player to spend the All-Star break getting inked up.
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez, who failed to make the All-Star team for the first time since 2007, got a similar-looking tattoo on his forearm, except his says simply “Hailey” (which is his daughter’s name, says Google).
At first glance I actually thought it said “Hanley” and I had this whole snarky paragraph about how that could come in handy, but then … well, turns out I just don’t read cursive tattoos all that well. They didn’t cover that–or really anything regarding blog posts about tattoos–in journalism school, although admittedly I never did take the high-level reporting classes.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)