Jul 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
This was actually first reported by KTRS 550 AM in St. Louis six days ago, but at the time neither the Cardinals nor Garcia confirmed it. Jon Heyman reports today, however, that the deal is, in fact, done, and that an official announcement could come as early as this afternoon.
Heyman’s report is just what KTRS said it was: four years, $27.5 million plus club options for 2016 and 2017. Garcia is still pre-arbitration, so anything ending in “million” right now is a nice deal for him. For the Cardinals, this buys out the arbitration years and a couple years of free agency.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)