Matt Kemp has a personal stylist and she was profiled by LA Weekly

Jul 13, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT

Rihanna, Matt Kemp

Matt Kemp has a personal stylist named Desiree Quintal and she was recently profiled by LA Weekly, leading to some amusing quotes about the Dodgers’ All-Star center fielder:

Matt and I had been acquaintances for a couple years. I heard that he was moving and needed help organizing his things. I suggested adding a few new looks to his closet. I showed him some ideas that I had, which he loved, and we went from there.

He has great style and buys in multiples of what he likes. That said, he has an enormous shoe collection that ranges from Christian Louboutin sneakers to Nike Air Max. I just tried to make room for more basic pieces that he was missing, like a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket.

Who among us hasn’t needed to add “a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket” to our wardrobe? I wear a classic trench coat every day, or at least I did until the police told me that I couldn’t any more.

Also of note: Kemp keeps a “look book” that contains pictures of all his available clothes, so he can “flip through and put the outfits together on his own … something that saves him a lot of time when he’s on the road with the Dodgers.”

Makes sense. I can’t tell you how many hours every day I waste trying to put together “outfits.”

And no, I’m not really sure who I’m mocking here. Kemp wears trench coats and motorcycle jackets, plays center field for the Dodgers and dates Rihanna. I wear cargo shorts and plaid shirts, blog about Matt Kemp’s personal stylist and hang out with nerds at conventions. Too similar to declare a winner, probably.

1. yankeesgameday - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Leave Arod alone!

Oh wait… This isn’t about Arod.

Finally!

2. juicejuicer - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Slow day, huh? Who else is watching the US Woman’s team?

• baseballisboring - Jul 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM

yeah i’d rather read about matt kemp’s wardrobe…

• Utley's Hair - Jul 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM

They kicked a$$ and took names. Looks like Japan’s up next.

3. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Aaron, you’ve outdone yourself with this brilliant post. I did not realize he was dating Rihanna. At least I know this, Kemp would beat the living shit out of Chris Brown. So, you know, Rihanna also has that going for her.

• juicejuicer - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM

They dated last year. Many here in L.A. believe she had Jessica Simpson effect on him. That’s the only thing that would explain his bad 2010 season.

4. Jonny 5 - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM

So he’s he’s a “metrosexual” ? Well Aaron you probably don’t have pants on right now, so you’re even, on opposite ends of the spectrum.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Like you have pants on….

• Jonny 5 - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Banana hammock. Brodas!!

• Utley's Hair - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:41 PM

AAAAAHHHH!!!!!! Oh the humanity!!!! The image of Will Ferrell in a stars and stripes thong just popped into my head!!!!!!!!!! Dear God….

5. SmackSaw - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM

This is news? Everybody in L.A. has a personal stylist.

• koufaxmitzvah - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Even McCourt has someone searching for a proper potato sack fit for all occasions.

6. essfjay - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM

who cares? matt kemp is having an MVP like season im just glad the guy has his head on right & is now playing to his potential.

7. trevorb06 - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Kemp has been with woman you dream about. He wins.

He should be the next Old Spice man or Dos Equis interesting man

8. kingbuccaneer - Jul 13, 2011 at 4:42 PM

whooooooooooo caressssssssss

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3792)