Jul 13, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Matt and I had been acquaintances for a couple years. I heard that he was moving and needed help organizing his things. I suggested adding a few new looks to his closet. I showed him some ideas that I had, which he loved, and we went from there.
He has great style and buys in multiples of what he likes. That said, he has an enormous shoe collection that ranges from Christian Louboutin sneakers to Nike Air Max. I just tried to make room for more basic pieces that he was missing, like a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket.
Who among us hasn’t needed to add “a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket” to our wardrobe? I wear a classic trench coat every day, or at least I did until the police told me that I couldn’t any more.
Also of note: Kemp keeps a “look book” that contains pictures of all his available clothes, so he can “flip through and put the outfits together on his own … something that saves him a lot of time when he’s on the road with the Dodgers.”
Makes sense. I can’t tell you how many hours every day I waste trying to put together “outfits.”
And no, I’m not really sure who I’m mocking here. Kemp wears trench coats and motorcycle jackets, plays center field for the Dodgers and dates Rihanna. I wear cargo shorts and plaid shirts, blog about Matt Kemp’s personal stylist and hang out with nerds at conventions. Too similar to declare a winner, probably.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 34
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)