Jul 13, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Matt and I had been acquaintances for a couple years. I heard that he was moving and needed help organizing his things. I suggested adding a few new looks to his closet. I showed him some ideas that I had, which he loved, and we went from there.
He has great style and buys in multiples of what he likes. That said, he has an enormous shoe collection that ranges from Christian Louboutin sneakers to Nike Air Max. I just tried to make room for more basic pieces that he was missing, like a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket.
Who among us hasn’t needed to add “a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket” to our wardrobe? I wear a classic trench coat every day, or at least I did until the police told me that I couldn’t any more.
Also of note: Kemp keeps a “look book” that contains pictures of all his available clothes, so he can “flip through and put the outfits together on his own … something that saves him a lot of time when he’s on the road with the Dodgers.”
Makes sense. I can’t tell you how many hours every day I waste trying to put together “outfits.”
And no, I’m not really sure who I’m mocking here. Kemp wears trench coats and motorcycle jackets, plays center field for the Dodgers and dates Rihanna. I wear cargo shorts and plaid shirts, blog about Matt Kemp’s personal stylist and hang out with nerds at conventions. Too similar to declare a winner, probably.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)