Jul 13, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Matt and I had been acquaintances for a couple years. I heard that he was moving and needed help organizing his things. I suggested adding a few new looks to his closet. I showed him some ideas that I had, which he loved, and we went from there.
He has great style and buys in multiples of what he likes. That said, he has an enormous shoe collection that ranges from Christian Louboutin sneakers to Nike Air Max. I just tried to make room for more basic pieces that he was missing, like a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket.
Who among us hasn’t needed to add “a classic trench coat and a great motorcycle jacket” to our wardrobe? I wear a classic trench coat every day, or at least I did until the police told me that I couldn’t any more.
Also of note: Kemp keeps a “look book” that contains pictures of all his available clothes, so he can “flip through and put the outfits together on his own … something that saves him a lot of time when he’s on the road with the Dodgers.”
Makes sense. I can’t tell you how many hours every day I waste trying to put together “outfits.”
And no, I’m not really sure who I’m mocking here. Kemp wears trench coats and motorcycle jackets, plays center field for the Dodgers and dates Rihanna. I wear cargo shorts and plaid shirts, blog about Matt Kemp’s personal stylist and hang out with nerds at conventions. Too similar to declare a winner, probably.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)