Jul 13, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Well, it was the quote of yesterday, which came during his press conference, but I don’t expect many quotes from anyone today, so this will do.
Here’s Bud Selig, when asked about the status of the committee which is alleged to be hard at work studying the future of the A’s and the viability of them moving to San Jose:
“I said this a year ago, it is a complex situation, very complex. They have spent a lot of time on this, an enormous amount of time – and are still spending an enormous amount of time. And as I told both clubs, this is another situation where it’s better to get something done right than get it done any faster.”
This process has now taken over half the time it took the Manhattan Project to do its work, and as evidenced by that quote, it has at least twice the military-style doublespeak going for it.
But I agree, let us not act too hastily lest lives and crap be endangered.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)