Jul 13, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Well, it was the quote of yesterday, which came during his press conference, but I don’t expect many quotes from anyone today, so this will do.
Here’s Bud Selig, when asked about the status of the committee which is alleged to be hard at work studying the future of the A’s and the viability of them moving to San Jose:
“I said this a year ago, it is a complex situation, very complex. They have spent a lot of time on this, an enormous amount of time – and are still spending an enormous amount of time. And as I told both clubs, this is another situation where it’s better to get something done right than get it done any faster.”
This process has now taken over half the time it took the Manhattan Project to do its work, and as evidenced by that quote, it has at least twice the military-style doublespeak going for it.
But I agree, let us not act too hastily lest lives and crap be endangered.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (243)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (147)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)