Jul 13, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Well, it was the quote of yesterday, which came during his press conference, but I don’t expect many quotes from anyone today, so this will do.
Here’s Bud Selig, when asked about the status of the committee which is alleged to be hard at work studying the future of the A’s and the viability of them moving to San Jose:
“I said this a year ago, it is a complex situation, very complex. They have spent a lot of time on this, an enormous amount of time – and are still spending an enormous amount of time. And as I told both clubs, this is another situation where it’s better to get something done right than get it done any faster.”
This process has now taken over half the time it took the Manhattan Project to do its work, and as evidenced by that quote, it has at least twice the military-style doublespeak going for it.
But I agree, let us not act too hastily lest lives and crap be endangered.
- Report: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 1
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 12
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 10
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 142
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (144)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)