Jul 13, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Well, it was the quote of yesterday, which came during his press conference, but I don’t expect many quotes from anyone today, so this will do.
Here’s Bud Selig, when asked about the status of the committee which is alleged to be hard at work studying the future of the A’s and the viability of them moving to San Jose:
“I said this a year ago, it is a complex situation, very complex. They have spent a lot of time on this, an enormous amount of time – and are still spending an enormous amount of time. And as I told both clubs, this is another situation where it’s better to get something done right than get it done any faster.”
This process has now taken over half the time it took the Manhattan Project to do its work, and as evidenced by that quote, it has at least twice the military-style doublespeak going for it.
But I agree, let us not act too hastily lest lives and crap be endangered.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona