Jul 13, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Well, it was the quote of yesterday, which came during his press conference, but I don’t expect many quotes from anyone today, so this will do.
Here’s Bud Selig, when asked about the status of the committee which is alleged to be hard at work studying the future of the A’s and the viability of them moving to San Jose:
“I said this a year ago, it is a complex situation, very complex. They have spent a lot of time on this, an enormous amount of time – and are still spending an enormous amount of time. And as I told both clubs, this is another situation where it’s better to get something done right than get it done any faster.”
This process has now taken over half the time it took the Manhattan Project to do its work, and as evidenced by that quote, it has at least twice the military-style doublespeak going for it.
But I agree, let us not act too hastily lest lives and crap be endangered.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)