Jul 13, 2011, 8:57 PM EDT
Royals closer Joakim Soria is under contract through 2014 at a rather affordable rate and the Royals haven’t so much as hinted at a desire to move him, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be hearing his name involved in trade rumors over the next few weeks. Crazy season is officially upon us.
With so many teams in contention here in mid-July and all of those teams seeking a reliable reliever, it’s possible that the Royals will get an offer they like.
So, just in case, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports brings us the six teams on Soria’s no-trade list: Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies, Dodgers, Rockies and Braves.
The Yanks would certainly have interest if Soria were to be made available. So would any of the teams on the list, even the Dodgers. Which is why it’s important to note that Soria also has the power to accept any deal and override that no-trade clause. The 27-year-old boasts a sparkling 2.27 career ERA and 1.02 career WHIP.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)