Jul 13, 2011, 8:57 PM EDT
Royals closer Joakim Soria is under contract through 2014 at a rather affordable rate and the Royals haven’t so much as hinted at a desire to move him, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be hearing his name involved in trade rumors over the next few weeks. Crazy season is officially upon us.
With so many teams in contention here in mid-July and all of those teams seeking a reliable reliever, it’s possible that the Royals will get an offer they like.
So, just in case, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports brings us the six teams on Soria’s no-trade list: Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies, Dodgers, Rockies and Braves.
The Yanks would certainly have interest if Soria were to be made available. So would any of the teams on the list, even the Dodgers. Which is why it’s important to note that Soria also has the power to accept any deal and override that no-trade clause. The 27-year-old boasts a sparkling 2.27 career ERA and 1.02 career WHIP.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)