Jul 14, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has issued suspensions as a result of the ugliness between the Red Sox and the Orioles last week. It breaks down as follows:
- David Ortiz and Kevin Gregg each have received four-game suspensions and undisclosed fines for their plunkings and fisticuffsmanship, such as it was;
- Mike Gonzalez gets a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at Ortiz after warnings had already been issued earlier in the game.
- Buck Showalter has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for the intentional actions of Gonzalez during Sunday’s game. Which is a nice way of saying “Showalter probably ordered that crap.”
- Jim Johnson and Jarrod Saltalamacchia got fines “for their aggressive actions” when the benches cleared.
- John Lackey was disciplined for intentionally throwing at Derrek Lee. Doesn’t say what his discipline was, though maybe it was just a reprimand. Poor dude has no idea where the ball is going as it is, so maybe it was an accident.
These are your sentences, gentlemen. And may God have mercy on your souls.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8