Jul 14, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has issued suspensions as a result of the ugliness between the Red Sox and the Orioles last week. It breaks down as follows:
- David Ortiz and Kevin Gregg each have received four-game suspensions and undisclosed fines for their plunkings and fisticuffsmanship, such as it was;
- Mike Gonzalez gets a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at Ortiz after warnings had already been issued earlier in the game.
- Buck Showalter has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for the intentional actions of Gonzalez during Sunday’s game. Which is a nice way of saying “Showalter probably ordered that crap.”
- Jim Johnson and Jarrod Saltalamacchia got fines “for their aggressive actions” when the benches cleared.
- John Lackey was disciplined for intentionally throwing at Derrek Lee. Doesn’t say what his discipline was, though maybe it was just a reprimand. Poor dude has no idea where the ball is going as it is, so maybe it was an accident.
These are your sentences, gentlemen. And may God have mercy on your souls.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)