Jul 14, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has issued suspensions as a result of the ugliness between the Red Sox and the Orioles last week. It breaks down as follows:
- David Ortiz and Kevin Gregg each have received four-game suspensions and undisclosed fines for their plunkings and fisticuffsmanship, such as it was;
- Mike Gonzalez gets a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at Ortiz after warnings had already been issued earlier in the game.
- Buck Showalter has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for the intentional actions of Gonzalez during Sunday’s game. Which is a nice way of saying “Showalter probably ordered that crap.”
- Jim Johnson and Jarrod Saltalamacchia got fines “for their aggressive actions” when the benches cleared.
- John Lackey was disciplined for intentionally throwing at Derrek Lee. Doesn’t say what his discipline was, though maybe it was just a reprimand. Poor dude has no idea where the ball is going as it is, so maybe it was an accident.
These are your sentences, gentlemen. And may God have mercy on your souls.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 103
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (117)