Jul 14, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has issued suspensions as a result of the ugliness between the Red Sox and the Orioles last week. It breaks down as follows:
- David Ortiz and Kevin Gregg each have received four-game suspensions and undisclosed fines for their plunkings and fisticuffsmanship, such as it was;
- Mike Gonzalez gets a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at Ortiz after warnings had already been issued earlier in the game.
- Buck Showalter has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for the intentional actions of Gonzalez during Sunday’s game. Which is a nice way of saying “Showalter probably ordered that crap.”
- Jim Johnson and Jarrod Saltalamacchia got fines “for their aggressive actions” when the benches cleared.
- John Lackey was disciplined for intentionally throwing at Derrek Lee. Doesn’t say what his discipline was, though maybe it was just a reprimand. Poor dude has no idea where the ball is going as it is, so maybe it was an accident.
These are your sentences, gentlemen. And may God have mercy on your souls.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 7
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)