Jul 14, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has issued suspensions as a result of the ugliness between the Red Sox and the Orioles last week. It breaks down as follows:
- David Ortiz and Kevin Gregg each have received four-game suspensions and undisclosed fines for their plunkings and fisticuffsmanship, such as it was;
- Mike Gonzalez gets a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at Ortiz after warnings had already been issued earlier in the game.
- Buck Showalter has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for the intentional actions of Gonzalez during Sunday’s game. Which is a nice way of saying “Showalter probably ordered that crap.”
- Jim Johnson and Jarrod Saltalamacchia got fines “for their aggressive actions” when the benches cleared.
- John Lackey was disciplined for intentionally throwing at Derrek Lee. Doesn’t say what his discipline was, though maybe it was just a reprimand. Poor dude has no idea where the ball is going as it is, so maybe it was an accident.
These are your sentences, gentlemen. And may God have mercy on your souls.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)