Jul 14, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Previously manager Terry Collins indicated that Wright would need 30-40 at-bats in the minors before returning, but the timetable laid out by Alderson would leave him time to accumulate closer to 20-25 at-bats.
And he’ll also need to avoid a setback in order to return following a one-week rehab stint, which is no sure thing given that Wright has been out of action since mid-May with a stress fracture in his lower back.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)