Jul 14, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Previously manager Terry Collins indicated that Wright would need 30-40 at-bats in the minors before returning, but the timetable laid out by Alderson would leave him time to accumulate closer to 20-25 at-bats.
And he’ll also need to avoid a setback in order to return following a one-week rehab stint, which is no sure thing given that Wright has been out of action since mid-May with a stress fracture in his lower back.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)