Jul 14, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Yeah, we’re really pushing the bounds of baseball news here. But I couldn’t resist such a darling mug shot.
Denise Piccione, the girlfriend of the man being held in the Bryan Stow beating, is currently in Clark County jail on charges of trafficking methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine and possession of a dangerous weapon after a weekend arrest at a Las Vegas hotel.
City News Service reports she pleaded not guilty Wednesday.
The 26-year-old Piccione was considered a person of interest after a March 31 beating of Stow in a Dodger Stadium parking lot. Giovanni Ramirez is the main suspect in the case, and though he’s yet to be charged in connection with the beating, he is currently imprisoned in L.A. on other charges.
Stow, 42, remains in a coma.
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 8
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 7
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)