Jul 14, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Yeah, we’re really pushing the bounds of baseball news here. But I couldn’t resist such a darling mug shot.
Denise Piccione, the girlfriend of the man being held in the Bryan Stow beating, is currently in Clark County jail on charges of trafficking methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine and possession of a dangerous weapon after a weekend arrest at a Las Vegas hotel.
City News Service reports she pleaded not guilty Wednesday.
The 26-year-old Piccione was considered a person of interest after a March 31 beating of Stow in a Dodger Stadium parking lot. Giovanni Ramirez is the main suspect in the case, and though he’s yet to be charged in connection with the beating, he is currently imprisoned in L.A. on other charges.
Stow, 42, remains in a coma.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)