Jul 14, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
The Phillies have decided to give two of their aces some extra rest after their All-Star appearances and go with Vance Worley, Cole Hamels and Kyle Kendrick this weekend against the Mets.
Hamels, the Saturday starter, was supposed to join Halladay and Lee in the All-Star Game, but he was scratched because he pitched Sunday. He’ll be working on five days’ rest this week.
Halladay started and pitched two scoreless innings for the NL in Tuesday’s All-Star Game. Lee followed him to the mound and gave up the lone run scored by the AL while working 1 2/3 innings. He threw 25 pitches to Halladay’s 19.
To make room for Worley on the roster, the team is optioning Scott Mathieson back to Triple-A.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40