Quote of the Day: The Dodgers are easy targets

Jul 14, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT

Frank McCourt AP

I didn’t watch the ESPY Awards. I hope I don’t have to explain why. Just know that I didn’t watch them.  So I missed Mike Seth Myers’* monologue. Which again, shouldn’t be a big deal, because Mike* Myers hasn’t been funny since at least 1997* for a long time.

But when you have material as ripe as the Dodgers are right now, even Mike*Seth Myers gets to rip on you, and there’s not a hell of a lot you can do about it.  My favorite line:

“The Dodgers are so broke, three of their players tested positive for ramen noodles.”

Easy target? Of course. Easy joke? Yep. But I still lol’d.

*I’m told I had the wrong un-funny Myers. Fine, it was Seth. Just further proof that, no, I did not watch the ESPY Awards.

1. nicosamuelson2 - Jul 14, 2011 at 5:42 PM

It was Seth Meyers.

• thekcubrats - Jul 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM

So revise that to… what year was Seth born?

• jimbo1949 - Jul 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Seth Meyers was the guy who ripped the donald at the White House Correspondents Dinner, very well done.

2. gammagammahey - Jul 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I liked Chris Rock’s riff on the Mets better.

3. ultimatecardinalwarrior - Jul 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Seriously, do some fact checking.

4. cur68 - Jul 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Huh. Ultimate anti-Canadian bias showing there. I’m sure you went with Mike Meyers simply because you don’t like Canadian’s or something Craig. Either that or you made one of the countless similar mistakes that any one of us make while posting. Either way I hope you teflon coated your ego today: some real pedantic folks are gonna have a go at you about this.

Whatever, whomever said; the Dodger’s financial situation IS a punch line and legitimate fodder for anyone, even MM, to go for. Can they even AFFORD ramen noodles? I mean, they are BROKE. I wouldn’t be surprised if their players start testing positive for skittles, too, since they probably can’t afford greenies.

• Old Gator - Jul 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I hope you didn’t add that apostrophe to non-possessive plurals in your thesis, Beave.

Edit function!

Edit function!

EDIT FUNCTION!

• cur68 - Jul 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I saw it on the read thru after. Amazed paperlions didn’t poke fun at me for it. And you are correct sir; EDIT FUNCTION DAMNIT!

5. nicosamuelson2 - Jul 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I liked the line about Frank telling Matt Kemp to pocket extra ketchup packets.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3213)