Jul 14, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
I didn’t watch the ESPY Awards. I hope I don’t have to explain why. Just know that I didn’t watch them. So I missed
Mike Seth Myers’* monologue. Which again, shouldn’t be a big deal, because Mike* Myers hasn’t been funny since at least 1997* for a long time.
But when you have material as ripe as the Dodgers are right now, even
Mike*Seth Myers gets to rip on you, and there’s not a hell of a lot you can do about it. My favorite line:
“The Dodgers are so broke, three of their players tested positive for ramen noodles.”
Easy target? Of course. Easy joke? Yep. But I still lol’d.
*I’m told I had the wrong un-funny Myers. Fine, it was Seth. Just further proof that, no, I did not watch the ESPY Awards.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)