Jul 14, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
I didn’t watch the ESPY Awards. I hope I don’t have to explain why. Just know that I didn’t watch them. So I missed
Mike Seth Myers’* monologue. Which again, shouldn’t be a big deal, because Mike* Myers hasn’t been funny since at least 1997* for a long time.
But when you have material as ripe as the Dodgers are right now, even
Mike*Seth Myers gets to rip on you, and there’s not a hell of a lot you can do about it. My favorite line:
“The Dodgers are so broke, three of their players tested positive for ramen noodles.”
Easy target? Of course. Easy joke? Yep. But I still lol’d.
*I’m told I had the wrong un-funny Myers. Fine, it was Seth. Just further proof that, no, I did not watch the ESPY Awards.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)