Jul 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Shortly after undergoing back surgery last month Pirates catcher Chris Snyder was in the car with his kids, being driven around by his wife, when they nearly collided with a man riding a scooter.
His name was Subhash Modhwadia and he followed them to a gas station, where the 44-year-old proceeded to scream at them, strike their car, and allegedly even took a swing at Snyder’s wife.
Snyder was helpless to do anything because of the recent surgery, but a bystander stepped in and then Modhwadia attacked him too, biting him and striking him.
And now Modhwadia has been ordered to stand trial in Pittsburgh for aggravated assault and criminal mischief, according to the Associated Press. He’s being held on $25,000 bail. Snyder should have plenty of time to testify, as he’s out for the season, and realistically Modhwadia was probably very lucky that the 6-foot-4, 250-pound catcher was out of commission at the time of the incident or an already weird story could have gotten very ugly.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 3
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 35
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)