Jul 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Shortly after undergoing back surgery last month Pirates catcher Chris Snyder was in the car with his kids, being driven around by his wife, when they nearly collided with a man riding a scooter.
His name was Subhash Modhwadia and he followed them to a gas station, where the 44-year-old proceeded to scream at them, strike their car, and allegedly even took a swing at Snyder’s wife.
Snyder was helpless to do anything because of the recent surgery, but a bystander stepped in and then Modhwadia attacked him too, biting him and striking him.
And now Modhwadia has been ordered to stand trial in Pittsburgh for aggravated assault and criminal mischief, according to the Associated Press. He’s being held on $25,000 bail. Snyder should have plenty of time to testify, as he’s out for the season, and realistically Modhwadia was probably very lucky that the 6-foot-4, 250-pound catcher was out of commission at the time of the incident or an already weird story could have gotten very ugly.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)