Jul 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Shortly after undergoing back surgery last month Pirates catcher Chris Snyder was in the car with his kids, being driven around by his wife, when they nearly collided with a man riding a scooter.
His name was Subhash Modhwadia and he followed them to a gas station, where the 44-year-old proceeded to scream at them, strike their car, and allegedly even took a swing at Snyder’s wife.
Snyder was helpless to do anything because of the recent surgery, but a bystander stepped in and then Modhwadia attacked him too, biting him and striking him.
And now Modhwadia has been ordered to stand trial in Pittsburgh for aggravated assault and criminal mischief, according to the Associated Press. He’s being held on $25,000 bail. Snyder should have plenty of time to testify, as he’s out for the season, and realistically Modhwadia was probably very lucky that the 6-foot-4, 250-pound catcher was out of commission at the time of the incident or an already weird story could have gotten very ugly.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)