Jul 15, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Josh Fisher of Dodger Divorce reports that Frank McCourt filed a motion in his divorce case today — or will shortly — asking that the $600,000-a-month spousal support he pays to Jamie be reduced. Frank says “I simply can’t afford to support Jamie’s lifestyle anymore.” Don’t tell anyone I said this, but word on the street is that Frank is broke, see?
According to the motion, the only real income Frank has right now that isn’t encumbered is the $5 million a year he gets from Dodger Stadium parking, and that’s less than what he’s paying in spousal support.
In an unusually sensible utterance, Frank notes in his motion that the seven houses currently in Jamie’s name — on which he is paying the mortgage — may be a bit excessive. Would that he have thought so back when they were married! Oh well, too late for that. For now he notes that in the past year, he’s paid $8 million in mortgages on Jamie’s houses, while taking $600,000 for himself.
There will be a hearing on this on August 10th. Finances aside, one wonders how this guy can continue to run the Dodgers simply from a time-management perspective. Guy is constantly in court.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 44
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)