Jul 15, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Josh Fisher of Dodger Divorce reports that Frank McCourt filed a motion in his divorce case today — or will shortly — asking that the $600,000-a-month spousal support he pays to Jamie be reduced. Frank says “I simply can’t afford to support Jamie’s lifestyle anymore.” Don’t tell anyone I said this, but word on the street is that Frank is broke, see?
According to the motion, the only real income Frank has right now that isn’t encumbered is the $5 million a year he gets from Dodger Stadium parking, and that’s less than what he’s paying in spousal support.
In an unusually sensible utterance, Frank notes in his motion that the seven houses currently in Jamie’s name — on which he is paying the mortgage — may be a bit excessive. Would that he have thought so back when they were married! Oh well, too late for that. For now he notes that in the past year, he’s paid $8 million in mortgages on Jamie’s houses, while taking $600,000 for himself.
There will be a hearing on this on August 10th. Finances aside, one wonders how this guy can continue to run the Dodgers simply from a time-management perspective. Guy is constantly in court.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)