Jul 15, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
Josh Fisher of Dodger Divorce reports that Frank McCourt filed a motion in his divorce case today — or will shortly — asking that the $600,000-a-month spousal support he pays to Jamie be reduced. Frank says “I simply can’t afford to support Jamie’s lifestyle anymore.” Don’t tell anyone I said this, but word on the street is that Frank is broke, see?
According to the motion, the only real income Frank has right now that isn’t encumbered is the $5 million a year he gets from Dodger Stadium parking, and that’s less than what he’s paying in spousal support.
In an unusually sensible utterance, Frank notes in his motion that the seven houses currently in Jamie’s name — on which he is paying the mortgage — may be a bit excessive. Would that he have thought so back when they were married! Oh well, too late for that. For now he notes that in the past year, he’s paid $8 million in mortgages on Jamie’s houses, while taking $600,000 for himself.
There will be a hearing on this on August 10th. Finances aside, one wonders how this guy can continue to run the Dodgers simply from a time-management perspective. Guy is constantly in court.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27