Jul 15, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Josh Fisher of Dodger Divorce reports that Frank McCourt filed a motion in his divorce case today — or will shortly — asking that the $600,000-a-month spousal support he pays to Jamie be reduced. Frank says “I simply can’t afford to support Jamie’s lifestyle anymore.” Don’t tell anyone I said this, but word on the street is that Frank is broke, see?
According to the motion, the only real income Frank has right now that isn’t encumbered is the $5 million a year he gets from Dodger Stadium parking, and that’s less than what he’s paying in spousal support.
In an unusually sensible utterance, Frank notes in his motion that the seven houses currently in Jamie’s name — on which he is paying the mortgage — may be a bit excessive. Would that he have thought so back when they were married! Oh well, too late for that. For now he notes that in the past year, he’s paid $8 million in mortgages on Jamie’s houses, while taking $600,000 for himself.
There will be a hearing on this on August 10th. Finances aside, one wonders how this guy can continue to run the Dodgers simply from a time-management perspective. Guy is constantly in court.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)