Jul 15, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Josh Fisher of Dodger Divorce reports that Frank McCourt filed a motion in his divorce case today — or will shortly — asking that the $600,000-a-month spousal support he pays to Jamie be reduced. Frank says “I simply can’t afford to support Jamie’s lifestyle anymore.” Don’t tell anyone I said this, but word on the street is that Frank is broke, see?
According to the motion, the only real income Frank has right now that isn’t encumbered is the $5 million a year he gets from Dodger Stadium parking, and that’s less than what he’s paying in spousal support.
In an unusually sensible utterance, Frank notes in his motion that the seven houses currently in Jamie’s name — on which he is paying the mortgage — may be a bit excessive. Would that he have thought so back when they were married! Oh well, too late for that. For now he notes that in the past year, he’s paid $8 million in mortgages on Jamie’s houses, while taking $600,000 for himself.
There will be a hearing on this on August 10th. Finances aside, one wonders how this guy can continue to run the Dodgers simply from a time-management perspective. Guy is constantly in court.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)