Jul 15, 2011, 6:56 PM EDT
“Optimistically, we’re thinking Sunday. If not, it could possibly be Tuesday,” manager John Farrell told the National Post.
The Jays don’t play Monday, so expect them to give him that extra day off Sunday unless he insists on getting back in there.
With Bautista out, Edwin Encarnacion is starting at third base tonight.
It’s not a DL-type situation for MLB’s home run leader, so don’t expect to see Brett Lawrie come up and step in at third base. Lawrie just began a rehab assignment at Single-A Dunedin on Thursday, and he’s going to need a couple of weeks to regain his swing in the minors before he’ll be a candidate for the big-league roster.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)