Jul 15, 2011, 6:56 PM EDT
“Optimistically, we’re thinking Sunday. If not, it could possibly be Tuesday,” manager John Farrell told the National Post.
The Jays don’t play Monday, so expect them to give him that extra day off Sunday unless he insists on getting back in there.
With Bautista out, Edwin Encarnacion is starting at third base tonight.
It’s not a DL-type situation for MLB’s home run leader, so don’t expect to see Brett Lawrie come up and step in at third base. Lawrie just began a rehab assignment at Single-A Dunedin on Thursday, and he’s going to need a couple of weeks to regain his swing in the minors before he’ll be a candidate for the big-league roster.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)