Jul 15, 2011, 6:56 PM EDT
“Optimistically, we’re thinking Sunday. If not, it could possibly be Tuesday,” manager John Farrell told the National Post.
The Jays don’t play Monday, so expect them to give him that extra day off Sunday unless he insists on getting back in there.
With Bautista out, Edwin Encarnacion is starting at third base tonight.
It’s not a DL-type situation for MLB’s home run leader, so don’t expect to see Brett Lawrie come up and step in at third base. Lawrie just began a rehab assignment at Single-A Dunedin on Thursday, and he’s going to need a couple of weeks to regain his swing in the minors before he’ll be a candidate for the big-league roster.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 4
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 52
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (81)