Jul 15, 2011, 6:56 PM EST
“Optimistically, we’re thinking Sunday. If not, it could possibly be Tuesday,” manager John Farrell told the National Post.
The Jays don’t play Monday, so expect them to give him that extra day off Sunday unless he insists on getting back in there.
With Bautista out, Edwin Encarnacion is starting at third base tonight.
It’s not a DL-type situation for MLB’s home run leader, so don’t expect to see Brett Lawrie come up and step in at third base. Lawrie just began a rehab assignment at Single-A Dunedin on Thursday, and he’s going to need a couple of weeks to regain his swing in the minors before he’ll be a candidate for the big-league roster.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)