Jul 15, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Angels’ center fielder Peter Bourjos is looking to be back in the Angels’ lineup sometime this weekend, feeling much better after some rehab for his hamstring.
According to the Orange County Register, top prospect Mike Trout is likely to stay with the team for a little bit overlapping with Bourjos return, but it probably means that he’s heading back to the minors. Which isn’t too big a deal really. Dude is a beast, but he’s also 1 for 10 with a walk in three games since being called up. One doesn’t judge anything based on such a microscopic sample size, but even if he went 10 for 10, it would be hard to say that he couldn’t benefit with a bit more time down on the farm.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 9
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (110)