Jul 15, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Angels’ center fielder Peter Bourjos is looking to be back in the Angels’ lineup sometime this weekend, feeling much better after some rehab for his hamstring.
According to the Orange County Register, top prospect Mike Trout is likely to stay with the team for a little bit overlapping with Bourjos return, but it probably means that he’s heading back to the minors. Which isn’t too big a deal really. Dude is a beast, but he’s also 1 for 10 with a walk in three games since being called up. One doesn’t judge anything based on such a microscopic sample size, but even if he went 10 for 10, it would be hard to say that he couldn’t benefit with a bit more time down on the farm.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)