Jul 15, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Angels’ center fielder Peter Bourjos is looking to be back in the Angels’ lineup sometime this weekend, feeling much better after some rehab for his hamstring.
According to the Orange County Register, top prospect Mike Trout is likely to stay with the team for a little bit overlapping with Bourjos return, but it probably means that he’s heading back to the minors. Which isn’t too big a deal really. Dude is a beast, but he’s also 1 for 10 with a walk in three games since being called up. One doesn’t judge anything based on such a microscopic sample size, but even if he went 10 for 10, it would be hard to say that he couldn’t benefit with a bit more time down on the farm.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)