Jul 15, 2011, 9:10 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, the Angels have placed Peter Bourjos on the 15-day disabled list and recalled Alexi Amarista from Triple-A Salt Lake.
Bourjos has been sidelined since straining his right hamstring while running the bases last Thursday. While Craig wrote earlier this morning that the speedy center fielder was aiming to return to the lineup this weekend against the Athletics, Plunkett reports that he suffered a setback when his hamstring tightened up near the end of workouts Thursday.
The Angels would have likely kept top prospect Mike Trout with the team through this weekend regardless, but this latest development means he’ll stick around at least until Bourjos is eligible to return from the disabled list next Saturday. Trout is 1-for-9 with a walk over his first three games in the big leagues.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 0
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)