Jul 15, 2011, 9:10 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, the Angels have placed Peter Bourjos on the 15-day disabled list and recalled Alexi Amarista from Triple-A Salt Lake.
Bourjos has been sidelined since straining his right hamstring while running the bases last Thursday. While Craig wrote earlier this morning that the speedy center fielder was aiming to return to the lineup this weekend against the Athletics, Plunkett reports that he suffered a setback when his hamstring tightened up near the end of workouts Thursday.
The Angels would have likely kept top prospect Mike Trout with the team through this weekend regardless, but this latest development means he’ll stick around at least until Bourjos is eligible to return from the disabled list next Saturday. Trout is 1-for-9 with a walk over his first three games in the big leagues.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)