Jul 15, 2011, 9:10 PM EST
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, the Angels have placed Peter Bourjos on the 15-day disabled list and recalled Alexi Amarista from Triple-A Salt Lake.
Bourjos has been sidelined since straining his right hamstring while running the bases last Thursday. While Craig wrote earlier this morning that the speedy center fielder was aiming to return to the lineup this weekend against the Athletics, Plunkett reports that he suffered a setback when his hamstring tightened up near the end of workouts Thursday.
The Angels would have likely kept top prospect Mike Trout with the team through this weekend regardless, but this latest development means he’ll stick around at least until Bourjos is eligible to return from the disabled list next Saturday. Trout is 1-for-9 with a walk over his first three games in the big leagues.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 6
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 9
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)