Jul 15, 2011, 9:10 PM EST
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, the Angels have placed Peter Bourjos on the 15-day disabled list and recalled Alexi Amarista from Triple-A Salt Lake.
Bourjos has been sidelined since straining his right hamstring while running the bases last Thursday. While Craig wrote earlier this morning that the speedy center fielder was aiming to return to the lineup this weekend against the Athletics, Plunkett reports that he suffered a setback when his hamstring tightened up near the end of workouts Thursday.
The Angels would have likely kept top prospect Mike Trout with the team through this weekend regardless, but this latest development means he’ll stick around at least until Bourjos is eligible to return from the disabled list next Saturday. Trout is 1-for-9 with a walk over his first three games in the big leagues.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)