Jul 15, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
Slowey, who has been on the disabled list since late May with an abdominal strain, is scheduled to make his third minor league rehab start tonight with Triple-A Rochester. His future with the Twins has been in question since he failed to make the starting rotation out of spring training. He was expected to be demoted to the minors prior to the injury.
It’s not surprising that there’s a fair amount of interest in Slowey, as the control specialist has a decent 4.43 ERA over 448 innings in the big leagues. The 27-year-old right-hander is a notorious fly ball pitcher, so he might not be the best fit in Colorado, but he could certainly be a useful starter in the right situation. He is earning $2.7 million this season and remains under team control though 2013.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)