Jul 15, 2011, 7:42 PM EST
Slowey, who has been on the disabled list since late May with an abdominal strain, is scheduled to make his third minor league rehab start tonight with Triple-A Rochester. His future with the Twins has been in question since he failed to make the starting rotation out of spring training. He was expected to be demoted to the minors prior to the injury.
It’s not surprising that there’s a fair amount of interest in Slowey, as the control specialist has a decent 4.43 ERA over 448 innings in the big leagues. The 27-year-old right-hander is a notorious fly ball pitcher, so he might not be the best fit in Colorado, but he could certainly be a useful starter in the right situation. He is earning $2.7 million this season and remains under team control though 2013.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)