Jul 15, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
Slowey, who has been on the disabled list since late May with an abdominal strain, is scheduled to make his third minor league rehab start tonight with Triple-A Rochester. His future with the Twins has been in question since he failed to make the starting rotation out of spring training. He was expected to be demoted to the minors prior to the injury.
It’s not surprising that there’s a fair amount of interest in Slowey, as the control specialist has a decent 4.43 ERA over 448 innings in the big leagues. The 27-year-old right-hander is a notorious fly ball pitcher, so he might not be the best fit in Colorado, but he could certainly be a useful starter in the right situation. He is earning $2.7 million this season and remains under team control though 2013.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)