Jul 15, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
Slowey, who has been on the disabled list since late May with an abdominal strain, is scheduled to make his third minor league rehab start tonight with Triple-A Rochester. His future with the Twins has been in question since he failed to make the starting rotation out of spring training. He was expected to be demoted to the minors prior to the injury.
It’s not surprising that there’s a fair amount of interest in Slowey, as the control specialist has a decent 4.43 ERA over 448 innings in the big leagues. The 27-year-old right-hander is a notorious fly ball pitcher, so he might not be the best fit in Colorado, but he could certainly be a useful starter in the right situation. He is earning $2.7 million this season and remains under team control though 2013.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)