Jul 15, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Toronto scored eight runs in the first off Bartolo Colon on the way to a 16-7 win last night.
“I’m not bothered by it,” he said. “I was more angry at myself for figuring it out too late and changing them too late. The game was almost out of hand at that point.”
Martin said runners at second base were tipping off hitters by turning their heads one way for a fastball and the other way for an offspeed pitch.
“The reason why you put multiple signs down is so they’re not able to relay, and that type of stuff,” Martin said. “There’s a reason why you just use one when there’s nobody on, and multiple when there’s people on.”
Martin said he finally figured it out in the fourth and set up a new series of signs with pitcher Hector Noesi.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)