Jul 15, 2011, 9:46 PM EST
Toronto scored eight runs in the first off Bartolo Colon on the way to a 16-7 win last night.
“I’m not bothered by it,” he said. “I was more angry at myself for figuring it out too late and changing them too late. The game was almost out of hand at that point.”
Martin said runners at second base were tipping off hitters by turning their heads one way for a fastball and the other way for an offspeed pitch.
“The reason why you put multiple signs down is so they’re not able to relay, and that type of stuff,” Martin said. “There’s a reason why you just use one when there’s nobody on, and multiple when there’s people on.”
Martin said he finally figured it out in the fourth and set up a new series of signs with pitcher Hector Noesi.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)