Jul 15, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Toronto scored eight runs in the first off Bartolo Colon on the way to a 16-7 win last night.
“I’m not bothered by it,” he said. “I was more angry at myself for figuring it out too late and changing them too late. The game was almost out of hand at that point.”
Martin said runners at second base were tipping off hitters by turning their heads one way for a fastball and the other way for an offspeed pitch.
“The reason why you put multiple signs down is so they’re not able to relay, and that type of stuff,” Martin said. “There’s a reason why you just use one when there’s nobody on, and multiple when there’s people on.”
Martin said he finally figured it out in the fourth and set up a new series of signs with pitcher Hector Noesi.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)