Jul 15, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster was not happy about Cubs manager Mike Quade pulling him from Saturday’s start after the fifth inning and the two had an extended screaming match, but it sounds like they’ve patched things up.
Here’s what Quade told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune:
Everything is fantastic. I was going to tell you about the conversation I had with my girlfriend last night too, but that’s off limits as well. That’s part of being at this level, not just in this town. And it’s OK.
Dempster declined to comment yesterday and Sullivan notes that he was “unapologetic” when talking previously about the incident, but he’s scheduled to start tomorrow and Quade at least seems to be over it.
Adding to the drama is that Dempster was one of Quade’s biggest supporters when the Cubs were deciding whether or not to make him the full-time manager, and with the team already out of contention at 37-56 and Quade under fire it’d be nice to have Dempster back on his side again. He might have bigger problems, after all.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)