Jul 16, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
Though it was ultimately overshadowed by Matt Capps‘ latest ninth-inning meltdown, Twins’ rookie outfielder Ben Revere did something pretty incredible while legging out a triple in the sixth inning last night against the Royals.
Revere pulled a pitch into the right field corner and was off like a shot. He lost his footing between second and third base, but was somehow able to fall into a perfect somersault and arrive safely ahead of the relay throw. Check out the video below.
It’s your move, Jose Reyes.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 42
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 108
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (115)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)