Jul 16, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Though it was ultimately overshadowed by Matt Capps‘ latest ninth-inning meltdown, Twins’ rookie outfielder Ben Revere did something pretty incredible while legging out a triple in the sixth inning last night against the Royals.
Revere pulled a pitch into the right field corner and was off like a shot. He lost his footing between second and third base, but was somehow able to fall into a perfect somersault and arrive safely ahead of the relay throw. Check out the video below.
It’s your move, Jose Reyes.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 38
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)