Jul 16, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Though it was ultimately overshadowed by Matt Capps‘ latest ninth-inning meltdown, Twins’ rookie outfielder Ben Revere did something pretty incredible while legging out a triple in the sixth inning last night against the Royals.
Revere pulled a pitch into the right field corner and was off like a shot. He lost his footing between second and third base, but was somehow able to fall into a perfect somersault and arrive safely ahead of the relay throw. Check out the video below.
It’s your move, Jose Reyes.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 1
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)