Jul 16, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Though it was ultimately overshadowed by Matt Capps‘ latest ninth-inning meltdown, Twins’ rookie outfielder Ben Revere did something pretty incredible while legging out a triple in the sixth inning last night against the Royals.
Revere pulled a pitch into the right field corner and was off like a shot. He lost his footing between second and third base, but was somehow able to fall into a perfect somersault and arrive safely ahead of the relay throw. Check out the video below.
It’s your move, Jose Reyes.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 1
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 47
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)