Jul 16, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
Though it was ultimately overshadowed by Matt Capps‘ latest ninth-inning meltdown, Twins’ rookie outfielder Ben Revere did something pretty incredible while legging out a triple in the sixth inning last night against the Royals.
Revere pulled a pitch into the right field corner and was off like a shot. He lost his footing between second and third base, but was somehow able to fall into a perfect somersault and arrive safely ahead of the relay throw. Check out the video below.
It’s your move, Jose Reyes.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 39
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)