Jul 16, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
The Brewers have already made an upgrade to their bullpen, acquiring late-innings reliever Francisco Rodriguez last week in a trade with the Mets. Now they’re looking for more offense at third base.
According to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com, the Brewers have “talked with the Royals” recently about acquiring corner infielder Wilson Betemit, who has hit .285/.345/.415 across 288 plate appearances this year and boasts a productive .835 OPS over the past two seasons.
Betemit, 29, is making just $1 million this season and shouldn’t require a major return of talent in a trade.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 12
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 77
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)