Jul 16, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
The Brewers have already made an upgrade to their bullpen, acquiring late-innings reliever Francisco Rodriguez last week in a trade with the Mets. Now they’re looking for more offense at third base.
According to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com, the Brewers have “talked with the Royals” recently about acquiring corner infielder Wilson Betemit, who has hit .285/.345/.415 across 288 plate appearances this year and boasts a productive .835 OPS over the past two seasons.
Betemit, 29, is making just $1 million this season and shouldn’t require a major return of talent in a trade.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 81
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)