Jul 16, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
It was a little curious when Carlos Beltran was not on the lineup card for today’s game against the Phillies, but the intrigue didn’t last too long.
Beltran, one of the most coveted bats on the trade market this month, hit a long solo home run to distant center field in last night’s loss to the Phillies. He’s batting .287/.381/.512 with 14 homers and a .893 OPS in 381 plate appearances this season. Perhaps the most surprising statistic of all is that he leads the Mets with 90 games played.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27