Jul 16, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
It was a little curious when Carlos Beltran was not on the lineup card for today’s game against the Phillies, but the intrigue didn’t last too long.
Beltran, one of the most coveted bats on the trade market this month, hit a long solo home run to distant center field in last night’s loss to the Phillies. He’s batting .287/.381/.512 with 14 homers and a .893 OPS in 381 plate appearances this season. Perhaps the most surprising statistic of all is that he leads the Mets with 90 games played.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)