Jul 16, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
It was a little curious when Carlos Beltran was not on the lineup card for today’s game against the Phillies, but the intrigue didn’t last too long.
Beltran, one of the most coveted bats on the trade market this month, hit a long solo home run to distant center field in last night’s loss to the Phillies. He’s batting .287/.381/.512 with 14 homers and a .893 OPS in 381 plate appearances this season. Perhaps the most surprising statistic of all is that he leads the Mets with 90 games played.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (89)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)