Jul 16, 2011, 6:08 PM EST
Ahh, the great circle of life.
Nathan opened the 2011 regular season as Minnesota’s primary closer, but he was still in recovery mode from Tommy John surgery and it showed in his early stat lines. Capps took over, and maintained the role for three months, until the Twins made a change again before Saturday’s game.
Nathan hasn’t allowed an earned run and has yielded just two hits in his past seven relief appearances, dating back to June 28. Capps, meanwhile, blew his seventh save of the season in Friday night’s loss to the Royals.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (95)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)