Jul 16, 2011, 6:08 PM EST
Ahh, the great circle of life.
Nathan opened the 2011 regular season as Minnesota’s primary closer, but he was still in recovery mode from Tommy John surgery and it showed in his early stat lines. Capps took over, and maintained the role for three months, until the Twins made a change again before Saturday’s game.
Nathan hasn’t allowed an earned run and has yielded just two hits in his past seven relief appearances, dating back to June 28. Capps, meanwhile, blew his seventh save of the season in Friday night’s loss to the Royals.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 16
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 16
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 25
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)