Jul 16, 2011, 6:08 PM EST
Ahh, the great circle of life.
Nathan opened the 2011 regular season as Minnesota’s primary closer, but he was still in recovery mode from Tommy John surgery and it showed in his early stat lines. Capps took over, and maintained the role for three months, until the Twins made a change again before Saturday’s game.
Nathan hasn’t allowed an earned run and has yielded just two hits in his past seven relief appearances, dating back to June 28. Capps, meanwhile, blew his seventh save of the season in Friday night’s loss to the Royals.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 99
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (366)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (101)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)