Jul 18, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Somewhat buried in the news about Yankees backup infielder Ramiro Pena undergoing an emergency appendectomy this morning is George King of the New York Post reporting that Joba Chamberlain had an appendectomy recently as well.
Chamberlain went under the knife two weeks ago, according to King. He was already out for the season (and possibly most of next season) following Tommy John elbow surgery and apparently the Yankees didn’t bother telling anyone about the appendectomy.
In fact, even now King quotes “a source” for his Chamberlain info.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)