Jul 18, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Somewhat buried in the news about Yankees backup infielder Ramiro Pena undergoing an emergency appendectomy this morning is George King of the New York Post reporting that Joba Chamberlain had an appendectomy recently as well.
Chamberlain went under the knife two weeks ago, according to King. He was already out for the season (and possibly most of next season) following Tommy John elbow surgery and apparently the Yankees didn’t bother telling anyone about the appendectomy.
In fact, even now King quotes “a source” for his Chamberlain info.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 53
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 31
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)