Jul 18, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Somewhat buried in the news about Yankees backup infielder Ramiro Pena undergoing an emergency appendectomy this morning is George King of the New York Post reporting that Joba Chamberlain had an appendectomy recently as well.
Chamberlain went under the knife two weeks ago, according to King. He was already out for the season (and possibly most of next season) following Tommy John elbow surgery and apparently the Yankees didn’t bother telling anyone about the appendectomy.
In fact, even now King quotes “a source” for his Chamberlain info.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (84)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)