Jul 18, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Somewhat buried in the news about Yankees backup infielder Ramiro Pena undergoing an emergency appendectomy this morning is George King of the New York Post reporting that Joba Chamberlain had an appendectomy recently as well.
Chamberlain went under the knife two weeks ago, according to King. He was already out for the season (and possibly most of next season) following Tommy John elbow surgery and apparently the Yankees didn’t bother telling anyone about the appendectomy.
In fact, even now King quotes “a source” for his Chamberlain info.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 19
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)