Jul 18, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Somewhat buried in the news about Yankees backup infielder Ramiro Pena undergoing an emergency appendectomy this morning is George King of the New York Post reporting that Joba Chamberlain had an appendectomy recently as well.
Chamberlain went under the knife two weeks ago, according to King. He was already out for the season (and possibly most of next season) following Tommy John elbow surgery and apparently the Yankees didn’t bother telling anyone about the appendectomy.
In fact, even now King quotes “a source” for his Chamberlain info.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)