Jul 18, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
The AJC’s David O’Brien reports that Chipper Jones will begin playing in games with low Single-A Rome on Thursday in anticipation of a Monday return to Atlanta’s lineup.
Jones, who underwent knee surgery to repair a cartilage tear just nine days ago, is likely to DH on Thursday and Friday before playing some third base over the weekend. He’s eligible to come off the DL on Sunday, but the Braves will likely wait until they begin a homestand Monday to activate him.
In the meantime, the recently activated Martin Prado will continue to start at third base for the Braves. He’ll move back to left field after Chipper returns.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)