Jul 18, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
The AJC’s David O’Brien reports that Chipper Jones will begin playing in games with low Single-A Rome on Thursday in anticipation of a Monday return to Atlanta’s lineup.
Jones, who underwent knee surgery to repair a cartilage tear just nine days ago, is likely to DH on Thursday and Friday before playing some third base over the weekend. He’s eligible to come off the DL on Sunday, but the Braves will likely wait until they begin a homestand Monday to activate him.
In the meantime, the recently activated Martin Prado will continue to start at third base for the Braves. He’ll move back to left field after Chipper returns.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)