Jul 18, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I’ve been talking baseball with Russ Smith over at Splice Today on and off for several years now. From time to time we do an email interview. We did one over the weekend, the results of which are just posted over at Splice Today.
Among the topics: The “Moneyball” movie, the next baseball commissioner (assuming Selig actually retires), realignment, Jose Bautista: potential juicer, whether Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays would be superstars if they played today and whether or not I am disappointed in the Obama Administration. Yeah, we go there.
Anyway, if you’re interested, give it a click.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 58
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 38
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)