Jul 18, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I’ve been talking baseball with Russ Smith over at Splice Today on and off for several years now. From time to time we do an email interview. We did one over the weekend, the results of which are just posted over at Splice Today.
Among the topics: The “Moneyball” movie, the next baseball commissioner (assuming Selig actually retires), realignment, Jose Bautista: potential juicer, whether Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays would be superstars if they played today and whether or not I am disappointed in the Obama Administration. Yeah, we go there.
Anyway, if you’re interested, give it a click.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 0
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 14
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 17
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)