Jul 18, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I’ve been talking baseball with Russ Smith over at Splice Today on and off for several years now. From time to time we do an email interview. We did one over the weekend, the results of which are just posted over at Splice Today.
Among the topics: The “Moneyball” movie, the next baseball commissioner (assuming Selig actually retires), realignment, Jose Bautista: potential juicer, whether Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays would be superstars if they played today and whether or not I am disappointed in the Obama Administration. Yeah, we go there.
Anyway, if you’re interested, give it a click.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)