Jul 18, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I’ve been talking baseball with Russ Smith over at Splice Today on and off for several years now. From time to time we do an email interview. We did one over the weekend, the results of which are just posted over at Splice Today.
Among the topics: The “Moneyball” movie, the next baseball commissioner (assuming Selig actually retires), realignment, Jose Bautista: potential juicer, whether Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays would be superstars if they played today and whether or not I am disappointed in the Obama Administration. Yeah, we go there.
Anyway, if you’re interested, give it a click.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)