Jul 18, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Remember the silliness with the Lake County Fielders last week? How the manager and a giant chunk of the team quit right before a game because they weren’t getting paid, leading to a game in which Jose Canseco pitched for the opposition?
Yeah, well apparently that was just one part of a gigantic cluster going on with that team, because the Fielders’ announcer – Qumar Zaman — felt the need to quit while on the air the other day, just after the game ended. Seems he wasn’t getting paid either. And he took the opportunity to give the Fielders’ ownership a piece of his mind, as is evidenced in the video below. Stay with it, because he really gets going. He’s pissed. And it sounds like he has a good point.
Note: don’t stiff a guy who has a microphone and a transmitter. Or if you do, make sure you take him off the air before you stiff him.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 8
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 15
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 82
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8