Jul 18, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Remember the silliness with the Lake County Fielders last week? How the manager and a giant chunk of the team quit right before a game because they weren’t getting paid, leading to a game in which Jose Canseco pitched for the opposition?
Yeah, well apparently that was just one part of a gigantic cluster going on with that team, because the Fielders’ announcer — Qumar Zaman — felt the need to quit while on the air the other day, just after the game ended. Seems he wasn’t getting paid either. And he took the opportunity to give the Fielders’ ownership a piece of his mind, as is evidenced in the video below. Stay with it, because he really gets going. He’s pissed. And it sounds like he has a good point.
Note: don’t stiff a guy who has a microphone and a transmitter. Or if you do, make sure you take him off the air before you stiff him.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 87
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)