Jul 18, 2011, 7:37 PM EDT
A series of tests taken Monday showed no new heart problems for Nolan Ryan, and the Rangers CEO is likely to be released from a Houston-area hospital on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ryan was hospitalized after experiencing chest pains at his home Sunday. The 64-year-old has a history of heart troubles. He underwent a double bypass in 2000 and was hospitalized in 2007 after experiencing chest pain.
This latest incident will likely prevent Ryan from attending the Rangers’ series in Anaheim this week. He had been scheduled to throw out a first pitch and take part in a ceremony honoring the late Gene Autry during the series.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69