Jul 18, 2011, 7:37 PM EDT
A series of tests taken Monday showed no new heart problems for Nolan Ryan, and the Rangers CEO is likely to be released from a Houston-area hospital on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ryan was hospitalized after experiencing chest pains at his home Sunday. The 64-year-old has a history of heart troubles. He underwent a double bypass in 2000 and was hospitalized in 2007 after experiencing chest pain.
This latest incident will likely prevent Ryan from attending the Rangers’ series in Anaheim this week. He had been scheduled to throw out a first pitch and take part in a ceremony honoring the late Gene Autry during the series.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 17
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 17
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)