Jul 18, 2011, 7:37 PM EDT
A series of tests taken Monday showed no new heart problems for Nolan Ryan, and the Rangers CEO is likely to be released from a Houston-area hospital on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ryan was hospitalized after experiencing chest pains at his home Sunday. The 64-year-old has a history of heart troubles. He underwent a double bypass in 2000 and was hospitalized in 2007 after experiencing chest pain.
This latest incident will likely prevent Ryan from attending the Rangers’ series in Anaheim this week. He had been scheduled to throw out a first pitch and take part in a ceremony honoring the late Gene Autry during the series.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)