Jul 18, 2011, 7:37 PM EST
A series of tests taken Monday showed no new heart problems for Nolan Ryan, and the Rangers CEO is likely to be released from a Houston-area hospital on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ryan was hospitalized after experiencing chest pains at his home Sunday. The 64-year-old has a history of heart troubles. He underwent a double bypass in 2000 and was hospitalized in 2007 after experiencing chest pain.
This latest incident will likely prevent Ryan from attending the Rangers’ series in Anaheim this week. He had been scheduled to throw out a first pitch and take part in a ceremony honoring the late Gene Autry during the series.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 22
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 77
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 43
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 40
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (77)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)