Jul 18, 2011, 7:37 PM EST
A series of tests taken Monday showed no new heart problems for Nolan Ryan, and the Rangers CEO is likely to be released from a Houston-area hospital on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ryan was hospitalized after experiencing chest pains at his home Sunday. The 64-year-old has a history of heart troubles. He underwent a double bypass in 2000 and was hospitalized in 2007 after experiencing chest pain.
This latest incident will likely prevent Ryan from attending the Rangers’ series in Anaheim this week. He had been scheduled to throw out a first pitch and take part in a ceremony honoring the late Gene Autry during the series.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 47
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (246)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)