Jul 18, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak — totally disregarding Drew’s sound advice — says that Colby Rasmus is not being shopped and says a trade of their young center fielder and his father is not likely. That’s not stopping teams from inquiring, however, as Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox, Rays and Nationals have all called the Cards about Rasmus.
I tend to think that a trade is unlikely too. But hey, Mozeliak should be listening, right?
Oh, drat. That doesn’t really mean anything, does it?
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)