Jul 18, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak — totally disregarding Drew’s sound advice — says that Colby Rasmus is not being shopped and says a trade of their young center fielder and his father is not likely. That’s not stopping teams from inquiring, however, as Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox, Rays and Nationals have all called the Cards about Rasmus.
I tend to think that a trade is unlikely too. But hey, Mozeliak should be listening, right?
Oh, drat. That doesn’t really mean anything, does it?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)