Jul 18, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak — totally disregarding Drew’s sound advice — says that Colby Rasmus is not being shopped and says a trade of their young center fielder and his father is not likely. That’s not stopping teams from inquiring, however, as Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox, Rays and Nationals have all called the Cards about Rasmus.
I tend to think that a trade is unlikely too. But hey, Mozeliak should be listening, right?
Oh, drat. That doesn’t really mean anything, does it?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 10
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires