Jul 18, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak — totally disregarding Drew’s sound advice — says that Colby Rasmus is not being shopped and says a trade of their young center fielder and his father is not likely. That’s not stopping teams from inquiring, however, as Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox, Rays and Nationals have all called the Cards about Rasmus.
I tend to think that a trade is unlikely too. But hey, Mozeliak should be listening, right?
Oh, drat. That doesn’t really mean anything, does it?
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)