Jul 18, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak — totally disregarding Drew’s sound advice — says that Colby Rasmus is not being shopped and says a trade of their young center fielder and his father is not likely. That’s not stopping teams from inquiring, however, as Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox, Rays and Nationals have all called the Cards about Rasmus.
I tend to think that a trade is unlikely too. But hey, Mozeliak should be listening, right?
Oh, drat. That doesn’t really mean anything, does it?
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)