Jul 18, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The boundaries of Red Sox Nation are ever-expanding and, as it is so often noted, Washington D.C. is filled with transplants. So it should be no shocker that the Red Sox set up a team-sponsored summer camp in Bethesda, Maryland, and the thing sold out. Dan Steinberg has the whole story over at D.C. Sports Bog.
I suppose a Nats-themed camp would sell out in the D.C. suburbs too. But I wonder how far away from D.C. you could go and still get that kind of draw. Frederick, Maryland? Manassas, Virginia?
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)