Jul 18, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The boundaries of Red Sox Nation are ever-expanding and, as it is so often noted, Washington D.C. is filled with transplants. So it should be no shocker that the Red Sox set up a team-sponsored summer camp in Bethesda, Maryland, and the thing sold out. Dan Steinberg has the whole story over at D.C. Sports Bog.
I suppose a Nats-themed camp would sell out in the D.C. suburbs too. But I wonder how far away from D.C. you could go and still get that kind of draw. Frederick, Maryland? Manassas, Virginia?
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 17
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)