Jul 18, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The boundaries of Red Sox Nation are ever-expanding and, as it is so often noted, Washington D.C. is filled with transplants. So it should be no shocker that the Red Sox set up a team-sponsored summer camp in Bethesda, Maryland, and the thing sold out. Dan Steinberg has the whole story over at D.C. Sports Bog.
I suppose a Nats-themed camp would sell out in the D.C. suburbs too. But I wonder how far away from D.C. you could go and still get that kind of draw. Frederick, Maryland? Manassas, Virginia?
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)