Jul 18, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The boundaries of Red Sox Nation are ever-expanding and, as it is so often noted, Washington D.C. is filled with transplants. So it should be no shocker that the Red Sox set up a team-sponsored summer camp in Bethesda, Maryland, and the thing sold out. Dan Steinberg has the whole story over at D.C. Sports Bog.
I suppose a Nats-themed camp would sell out in the D.C. suburbs too. But I wonder how far away from D.C. you could go and still get that kind of draw. Frederick, Maryland? Manassas, Virginia?
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 33
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 3
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)