Jul 18, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The boundaries of Red Sox Nation are ever-expanding and, as it is so often noted, Washington D.C. is filled with transplants. So it should be no shocker that the Red Sox set up a team-sponsored summer camp in Bethesda, Maryland, and the thing sold out. Dan Steinberg has the whole story over at D.C. Sports Bog.
I suppose a Nats-themed camp would sell out in the D.C. suburbs too. But I wonder how far away from D.C. you could go and still get that kind of draw. Frederick, Maryland? Manassas, Virginia?
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)