Jul 18, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
The gametime temperature in Chicago tonight was 91 degrees. CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury points out that Halladay opened the game with red undershirt, but that it was gone when he came out for the fourth inning.
His early departure ended a string of 63 straight road starts in which he had lasted at least six innings. It was the longest such streak since The Big Train, Walter Johnson, did it in 82 starts in a row from 1911-15.
Halladay was charged with three runs in four-plus innings in the game and went on to take the loss in a 6-1 game. It was his shortest outing since he left his June 12, 2009 start for the Blue Jays with a groin injury in the fourth.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)